Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

11b4v

Adventurer
Needs more Green!

Thanks! I don't love white, but I picked it for function and durability. I did not want metallic paint and I wanted to hide scratches. The other paint options are nicer, but metallic and harder to touch up. The white with black package does look sharp, but eventually I am camo wrapping.

Cant wait to see the Camo wrap.

Hopefully, this is the year of a Tonga Green LR3 in our drive way. Will be following your build template; Good Job Sir!

I will be keeping this one though.

Finlayforprez

Observer

Hopefully, this is the year of a Tonga Green LR3 in our drive way. Will be following your build template; Good Job Sir!

thanks so much! Honestly, I LOVE green colors - my favorite. I toyed around with ordering Aintree green when I ordered the LR4 two years ago, but it's just too dark and metallic for what I wanted to put the truck through. That's an awesome rig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray_G

Explorer

Is than an IR flood in between the two aux lights on the ARB? If so, with the follow on question...7B's for the driver or 14's?
To keep things topical; concur on the Tonga Green...but I'm biased!

kissmywassp

Observer
First time LR owner, first time expo poster, welcoming Lucy the LR3

Recently purchased my first Land Rover after owning a jeep commander (meh) anyways, she is an 08 LR3 purchased at 85k miles now at about 90k. HSE package, LR fancy word silver, with a few goodies from previous owner. The rover was tweaked and sold from Red Mountain Rovers in Birmingham, AL which might mean something to any southern expo-ers seeing this. Purchased with:
33 inch BFG A/T's
Second Battery wired and ready for use
Baja Rack
plans: (dumping all extra $ into until future children drive wheels off)
Safari Snorkel
LR4 Black grill insert
ladder rack
hidden winch mount and TBD winch
charcoal grey powder coat rims
wavering b/t voyager spare tire mount or full on steel bumper w/ spare tire mount

future future plans maybe including lockers/ small front bumper (not to fond of very large ARB bumper)

heres some pics as she sits (pics were not sideways but transferred that way ideas??)
IMG_4139.jpgIMG_3650.jpgIMG_4141.jpgIMG_4136.jpgIMG_3651.jpg

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Welcome to the club. Truck looks great! Love the bajarack, I've got one myself. Not sure about the pics, did you try to upload from your phone or pc?

JohnnyeBasta

D4 from Italy! :)

Hello everybody,
just some pics of our last trip on Morocco, the truck had big trouble on sand, it looks like there were 2 "wheel&suspension sensors" misreading data....the D4 was actually digging instead of "rolling" over the sand. It was a shame.

By the way it is a 2010 D4, 3L diesel
- 19" rims with 255/55 Goodyear Duratrac (2 spare wheels)
- Kaymar bumper and tyre carried on the back
- hidden 13000lbs winch on front
- roof rack with flooring and front 500W curved LED bar
- safari snorkel + sealed air intake and air box
- CB radio
- iPad and iPhone discrete mounts inside for navigation
- 2° battery (Optima yellow top) cabled with and intelligent charger (alternator/220v/solar)
- hidden air compressor with extra tank
- extra ECU to manage air suspension height (+3 extra inches and -3/4" for road)
- cargo divider with fridge slider (wood)
- ARB 47lt fridge
- 3 tanks holder inside instead of the 3° rear seat
- OZ Tent RV3
- 2 kw GAS heather for the tent
- 4 Maxtrax and various recovery stuff

....and many stupid things....but NOT going on sand! :mad:

no problem on snow, mud or rocks...let's hope LR would find the solution.

image10.jpeg
getting stuck on flat.

image8.jpg
...digging.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Welcome Johnny! Nice LR4! Did you try airing down in the sand? I know there's not much to gain with the 19", just curious. Maybe consider some maxtraxx for your kit.

Ray_G

Explorer
Welcome Johnny! Nice LR4! Did you try airing down in the sand? I know there's not much to gain with the 19", just curious. Maybe consider some maxtraxx for your kit.

Think he's got the maxtraxx already based on the post; the airing down thing is an interesting question though, I'm surprised it got so bogged down.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
How do you 'air down' a low profile tire? ....... You can't.

General recommendation - ditch low profile tires, increase the overall volume of air for tire to allow effective airing down. Also wider tires are more effective.

Simon.pl

Hi Everyone!
New to the forum so would like to say hallo to you all :victory:

Wanted to introduce my coiler that slowly transformed into the expedition car throughout the years, but..... can't upload any image using "insert image" icon above :mad:
Hope you will enjoy few pics from our last trip to Georgie and Armenia me and my wife (and our dog) made last summer, if someone tells me how to upload them :clapping:

shedlock2000

Observer
I've been reading these posts with great abandon! I thought that I would share some photos of Zara. I purchased her last year as a stock vehicle, and then have made a progressive build to this point. The winch is on a hidden winch bumper which is a nightmare to fit -- but the task was less of a chore thanks to a great post on here. The seat-covers are Exmoor trim and are sublime (but expensive)!

Tyres are Goodyear Duratrac 19". They're ok on the road but I have not been pleased with their performance off-road: they slick up easily, have no shoulders to catch in the ruts or in snow, and even though they are snowflake tyres, they don't seem great in the snow and ice being quite slippy -- especially in the corners.

I really dig the roofrack from Front Runner -- but the road noise is hell. I spent quite some time constructing a wind deflector of sorts and recommend no-one to fit a rack and light bar in this manner unless an effort to deflect the wind is undertaken.

Here's a list of the nonsense on board:

• Genuine Land Rover Snorkle,
  • Mud-flaps,
  • Remote and Radio controlled 12,000lb synthetic winch and genuine Land Rover hidden winch bumper,
  • Full size spare tyre,
  • 19" New Goodyear snowflake tyres all round (including spare),
  • 40" curved light bar plus work lights on every side,
  • Front HID spots,
  • LED lights all round -- including front spots, (all switching is remote controlled -- no holes drilled),
  • Genuine Land Rover front and rear light guards,
  • Genuine Front Runner roof rack with tool accessories for High-Lift Jack, Axe, and Shovel,
  • Anti Glare hood cover applied,
  • Waterproof, scratch resistant, canvas, made-to-measure seat covers from Exmoor trim ($1000 per set).
  • Tow pack and NATO-style ball hitch,
  • Full Land Rover floor mat set -- including Land Rover Carpet mats
  • Load liner fitted to rear cargo area,
  • Transmission Filter Easy-Service pan fitted,
  • Royal Purple oils throughout,
  • 1/2" Suspension lift

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpg
    IMG_2949.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3718.jpg
    IMG_3718.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6603.jpg
    IMG_6603.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3005.jpg
    IMG_3005.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3012.jpg
    IMG_3012.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5614.jpg
    IMG_5614.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6582.jpg
    IMG_6582.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3939.jpg
    IMG_3939.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2962.jpg
    IMG_2962.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Beautiful truck! Just fitted the OEM seat covers to mine but WOW the exmoor stuff looks fantastic. Can you PM me the tranny pan you fitted? At some point I need to address that area (just had it serviced though, so next 75k)

greenbull

Adventurer
Looks great! I have very similar setup as well. You think the FR rack's noisy. I drove 4800 miles to expo west and back with a James Baroud grand raid on top!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater