Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

MrWesson

Adventurer
Bought a 06' LR3 W/ 127k miles for $7,500 the weekend before a 1,000 mile round trip to Asheville,NC, fixed a few things through the week, drained/filled every fluid, swapped to 18" wheels/used tires and she made it like a champ(even ran hurricane creek trail).

Day I bought it
H7378xel.jpg

Hurricane Creek trail
xEC6MWrl.jpg

WMwJTz8l.jpg

I installed a harbor freight 9000lb winch and bolted up harbor freight universal winch mount for $300 total.
Wheeling in N. Florida
HP0mNswl.jpg

Wmqj6gUl.jpg

wFe7TAul.jpg

WKCwith5

Adventurer
Nice truck!

How did you mount the winch plat. And what parts did you use from harbor freight. i wouls be interested in how you iattached it all.

MrWesson

Adventurer
Nice truck!

How did you mount the winch plat. And what parts did you use from harbor freight. i wouls be interested in how you iattached it all.

I used the plate pictured here. I think it was $50 or less.

image_2261.jpg

I used grade 8 1/2" hardware, drilled the mount and the frame to attach. I'm still working on getting it flush to the bumper as there's a 3" gap.

If I did it over again i'd use 3" box steel to extend the frame rails to the bumper and attach the plate to that and bolt the box steel to the frame.

I didn't take any pictures because it went from "I wonder if this will fit" to drilling holes pretty quick.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I used the plate pictured here. I think it was $50 or less.

I used grade 8 1/2" hardware, drilled the mount and the frame to attach. I'm still working on getting it flush to the bumper as there's a 3" gap.

If I did it over again i'd use 3" box steel to extend the frame rails to the bumper and attach the plate to that and bolt the box steel to the frame.

I didn't take any pictures because it went from "I wonder if this will fit" to drilling holes pretty quick.

I'm not picturing what you mean in using 3" box section to "extend" to bumper but my first thought on that is it would add more distance between the winch point out front and bumper which will multiply the forces against it when winching from any off angle, which may be a bit much for the multiple connections adding up on top of one another. What you did is probably stronger in more situations.

Awesome!

I think what he means is the fairlead portion of the plate doesnt extend all the way to the bumper. So by spacing it away from the cross member, you could mount this plate further out , and close the gap to the bumper exit. For 50 bucks you could be in for a winch and plate for 350 bucks.... That would be cool, considering how much is being charged just for a winch plate.

Riviera

Our Black Beauty

We just picked this up and figured, what a better way to break in a new LR4 than a trip to New Mexico and Colorado. I gotta say, I was pretty pleased with the 2nd pic. This is the wife's car, so Probably won't see too many mods, that's what the old LX470 will be for. We spotted a couple vintage Land Rovers in front of this convenience store in Colorado. I talked to the guy who owns them and he still wheels them a bit, but mostly runs the old Range Rover for anything too crazy. Really nice guy. Colorado people are fantastic.

Attachments

• May Taos 2.jpg
    May Taos 2.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 112
  • May Taos 3.jpg
    May Taos 3.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 111
  • May Taos 4.jpg
    May Taos 4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 96

Brock88

Hello,

Just purchased a LR3 and thought I'd share a few details.

2005 LR3 HSE G4 Challenge Tribute
Proud Rhino 2.5" lift rods
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/65-18
Front Runner 2 meter awning

IMG_3653[1].JPG

Planning to travel throughout western US. Travels can be followed on Instagram @eabrock88.

Hope to see you out on the trails!

-Erich

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Hello,

Just purchased a LR3 and thought I'd share a few details.

2005 LR3 HSE G4 Challenge Tribute
Proud Rhino 2.5" lift rods
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/65-18
Front Runner 2 meter awning

View attachment 350691

Planning to travel throughout western US. Travels can be followed on Instagram @eabrock88.

Hope to see you out on the trails!

-Erich

Erich, Welcome!

Is this Conrad's old truck?

ReformedRover

My Black LR3

DSC00448-HDR.jpg

2006 LR3

Voyager Offroad Roof Rack, sliders, rear ladder and spare tire carrier
Hella FF200 lights
Compomotive black satin 18" wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
Johnson Rods
Thule Apex Swing 4 Bike Rack, using Maxxtow 12" hitch extender

csphoto

W7ZOM
2016 LR4, 2042 miles on the OEM 20's with P-Zero's was 2041 miles too long for my taste. Nice to have some actual meat under the new girl. Trying to get moved into that house in the background so getting this rig up to a useable spec is on the back burner, but a ProSpeed order is gonna happen soon. Really wishing there were better swing out tire mount options available.

Compo's and 265/60/18 Duratrac's

Eventually a lift of some sort will happen but my old Mastiff can barely get in as it sits, so that will have to wait until our time together is done.

ComposLR4.jpg

Bama4door

Observer
Looks good csphoto. Taking the running boards off can give it a "taller" stance all by itself. Hopefully you have better luck with it after the belt break, that's gotta be a freak incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach