Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

krick3tt

Adventurer
New to me LR3

Just purchased a dark grey 2007 LR3. Soon to add to it with proper mods, roof rack, new tires (not sure what ones yet) ARB bumper with winch, LR snorkel and other things as my now whirling mind thinks them up. It needs a few things to make it truly operational...compressor, get rid of the front dark window tint, get rid of the 22 inch stormer rims and put the original ones back on...that sort of thing. Soon to be a fun vehicle to replace the 1973 Pinzgauer 710M.

Finlayforprez

Observer
It's Been Awhile...

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted anything on this forum, but I have had a few PMs lately for some updated photos. Here are some pictures of my LR4 from the last couple months. Looking forward to keeping up with these forums better in the new year.

Regards, David

11b4v

Adventurer
^^^^^^
Finlayforprez,
Love every detail of your truck. Not wild for the color though. :)

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Observer
^^^^^^
Finlayforprez,
Love every detail of your truck. Not wild for the color though.

Thanks! I don't love white, but I picked it for function and durability. I did not want metallic paint and I wanted to hide scratches. The other paint options are nicer, but metallic and harder to touch up. The white with black package does look sharp, but eventually I am camo wrapping.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
^^^^^^
Finlayforprez,
Love every detail of your truck. Not wild for the color though. :)
Actually, I find , that square structure of LR3/4 presents itself best in silver and white.other colors such as grey and black hide the specific shape and distinctiveness of our trucks.If I switch to a LR4 in the future, it will be White , for sure.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Actually, I find , that square structure of LR3/4 presents itself best in silver and white.other colors such as grey and black hide the specific shape and distinctiveness of our trucks.If I switch to a LR4 in the future, it will be White , for sure.

Agreed. The shape of the LR4 is so unique compared to other SUVs. Painting it black really does it a disservice.

Jwestpro

Explorer

Not so fast. While the in-between paints like gray, silver, and similar metallic earth tones may have that quality, black, when either shiny waxed or especially dirtied, shows the body shapes even better than white. White does of course show off the window cuts the best though.

MurphyBob

Observer
I am not trying to hijack this thread but I sold my LR3 and had ordered melvill and moon seat covers in the dark grey if anyone has any interest. They are still in M&M canvas bag. I will ship. $400 plus the ride conus or pick up in Atlanta GA. Once again not trying to hijack thread. If you want pictures pm me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
I am not trying to hijack this thread but I sold my LR3 and had ordered melvill and moon seat covers in the dark grey if anyone has any interest. They are still in M&M canvas bag. I will ship. $400 plus the ride conus or pick up in Atlanta GA. Once again not trying to hijack thread. If you want pictures pm me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have fronts or rears as well ?

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Not so fast. While the in-between paints like gray, silver, and similar metallic earth tones may have that quality, black, when either shiny waxed or especially dirtied, shows the body shapes even better than white. White does of course show off the window cuts the best though.
Black and Bonnatti Grey are the worst colors to hide scratches and I have a LOT of them , from wheeling in NJ Pine Barrens ,VT and Maine.
Does not bother me at all , as I bought a LR3 for the sense of adventure and will use it to the fullest extend , but I have friends with White LR3/4 s and those trail scars are barely visible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater