Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

RoundOut

Explorer
I hear you, that's the direction I'm leaning but my arm is still in a cast... :smilies27

I'm sorry to hear that... must have missed that thread. I'll pray for your speedy healing and that deferred maintenance won't cause undue stress on parts. :sombrero:

If you lived near by, I'd have you over and do the work for you! Thanks again for your service!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I'm sorry to hear that... must have missed that thread. I'll pray for your speedy healing and that deferred maintenance won't cause undue stress on parts. :sombrero:

If you lived near by, I'd have you over and do the work for you! Thanks again for your service!

Thanks Amigo. The deferred maintenance will cause stress on me if'n I don't Git-R-Done!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist

Replied!
salute.gif

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
LED Third Brake Light Upgrade

The FlipPac will obstruct the OEM third brake light, and IMO the swingout blocks some visibility of the tail lights.

I found this neat LED light bar, functions include running light, brake light, hazard light, turn signals and reverse light. Plugs into existing trailer wiring.

http://www.wheelskin.com/tlb-360438.html

I may pull the trigger on this just to increase safety/visiblity.

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
FlipPac Interior Preps and Research

As I continue to refine my plans to build out the interior I am continually drawn to the interior layout and outstanding multi-use potential of TeriAnn's Dormobile. If you havent seen the Green Rover or been to her website, check it out!

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/index.html

Her interior build is fantastic. I plan to replicate something similar, yet uniquely mine, in the bed of the Tacoma once the FlipPac arrives.

I also think that the FlipPac opens up lots of other doors. The "10 Dormobile Freedoms" could be applied to my modern twist on this tried and true layout:

The 10 FlipPac Freedoms

* FREEDOM to ignore holiday hotel worries - and bills
* FREEDOM to live comfortably and easily in the open air
* FREEDOM to decide and then go - straight away - for a month, a week, a day
* FREEDOM to drive without tiresome towing or special speed restrictions
* FREEDOM to tour - Tacoma or Timbuktu - and take your home with you
* FREEDOM to take advantage of those spare moments - those crisp, clear winter days - when owners of other trucks stay at home
* FREEDOM to eat what you like, when you like and cooked how you like it
* FREEDOM to sleep - comfortable and secure - at the end of an exciting day
* FREEDOM to enjoy outdoor interests - fishing, sailing, climbing, walking, picnicking - or just looking

ABOVE ALL
* FREEDOM to relax, in your mobile home, away from the everyday routine and stress of modern life.

Modified from the original 10 Dormobile Freedoms by MARTIN WALTER LTD.

Last edited:

Applejack

Explorer
It's maintenance time.

Called the dealership in Temecula today and was quoted $415 for the required 60,000 service. :Wow1:

This covers changing fluids of front and rear diffs, T-case, transmission, engine oil & filter, air filter, engine coolant etc.

I prefer Toyota servicing, but I'm amazed that it could cost this much so I'm shoppin' around and I may consider a DIY job.

So..... do you have the sealed transmission? I'm just wondering because when I hit 60k they sent me a reminder for my tranny service and when I took it in, they wouldn't do it stating that because I had the sealed transmission service should not be not any sooner than 100k, due to it's "lifetime fluid"..(?)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
So..... do you have the sealed transmission? I'm just wondering because when I hit 60k they sent me a reminder for my tranny service and when I took it in, they wouldn't do it stating that because I had the sealed transmission service should not be not any sooner than 100k, due to it's "lifetime fluid"..(?)

Yes, I'm going to discuss that with the Service Manager in the am. I may just end up with an oil change and a tire rotation if that is the case.

Today, I changed the air filter, front and rear diff fluids, and the transfer case fluid.

Saved more than a few bucks today by doing it myself :punk03:

I also put on a new set of Rain-X wiper blades.

FYI, the Winter Silblades I put on didn't even last 3 full seasons, despite their lofty claims of durability and the steep price... IMO they are not worth what I paid for them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner