EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

Seeker

Adventurer
I'm glad to read a satisfying solution could be found that works for the relevant folks involved. I must admit to reading this thread with salacious interest, too shocked to add my name to the list of those posting in dismay after having long ago watched the work done. That the Jeep is returning to Paul for rehabilitation and a second shot at life seems a fitting thing.

I look forward to being able to check in once again on another of Paul's build stories and eventual trip report(s).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Arclight

SAR guy
Very nice! Are you going to have it transported, or get it worked back into roadworthy condition first?

Last edited:

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Very kind words from you all, thank you...

It is likely I will seek advice... I don't have close to all the answers...

It really will be a fresh start with all recoverable parts to choose from...

Design wise, it is a small space and what to do about that top... I prefer simple, lifted, Windows, ventilation, light... Might just do a short replica of the existing Windows below and up front...but out of fiberglass... Not enough to be gawky, but functional... On top...Roof rack mounted up front... It's going to be tall... Since it is soon to be mine, down the priority list is extreme off-roading... Being over height, getting on ferries gets more expensive, but to me the convenience of simple easy to use comes first... Designed to be primarily a solo rig... Two in a pinch... We will see...

GR8ADV

Explorer
Very kind words from you all, thank you...

It is likely I will seek advice... I don't have close to all the answers...

It really will be a fresh start with all recoverable parts to choose from...

Design wise, it is a small space and what to do about that top... I prefer simple, lifted, Windows, ventilation, light... Might just do a short replica of the existing Windows below and up front...but out of fiberglass... Not enough to be gawky, but functional... On top...Roof rack mounted up front... It's going to be tall... Since it is soon to be mine, down the priority list is extreme off-roading... Being over height, getting on ferries gets more expensive, but to me the convenience of simple easy to use comes first... Designed to be primarily a solo rig... Two in a pinch... We will see...

So Mr. Paul, with the understanding that everyone can change their mind later, are you thinking along the lines of basic overlanding vehicle with 2 or 3 day sustainability or a weekend Jenson beach cruiser?

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
So Mr. Paul, with the understanding that everyone can change their mind later, are you thinking along the lines of basic overlanding vehicle with 2 or 3 day sustainability or a weekend Jenson beach cruiser?

Something that can easily handle a week off the grid with a conservative approach...

loonwheeler

Adventurer
Never a question in my mind... I agree with Mike, it will stay here... If you find that a bother, there are thousands of other topics here on the forum to check out...

You could consider to add an index to the original post with permalinks to different sections of the thread in order to help others understand the different "lives" the XV-JP has gone through. Just an idea...

Mud Dawg

Observer
You could consider to add an index to the original post with permalinks to different sections of the thread in order to help others understand the different "lives" the XV-JP has gone through. Just an idea...

^^^ If this is possible (hopefully it is), it's an awesome idea

Paul, we all have a lot of time invested in this and we are all hoping for the best. It is a challenge and I am glad you stepped up and accepted it. I like you often see an opportunity where others see disaster. But in this case the build is way beyond my skills, not to even mention time or budget. So with that I wish you the best of luck and ask that you keep us posted on your progress. I am sure we are all anxious to see what develops. GOOD LUCK!

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It's a good idea, and I'll try to get something done in the next week or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues