Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Hey Scott,

I was curious if the AR chambers interfered with your tail cam? The hub of that wheel is pretty beefy...

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Scott, curious, why mount the lights in the center of the roof? Is it for structural strength? reduce hood glare?

blupaddler

Conspirator
Wow!

Even black wheels on the AT trailer too!

(yeah, where's the jealous smilie)

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

That will have to do for now. (anyone want to buy a gently used 80. i want a double cab)

erin

Explorer
Looks great Scott!! Very nice.

How was clearancing the fenders to allow the tires not to rub? You had talked of moving the flairs up, did you have to?

Scott Brady

Founder
pskhaat said:
Scott, curious, why mount the lights in the center of the roof? Is it for structural strength? reduce hood glare?

Yes on both accounts. The rear most mount, which supports the arm needs good structure, which was only available at the rear of the cab.

And I get no glare at all, something I was concerned about.

The HID's alone is more light than needed, so I will point the spots even further out. The light output from everything is like driving in the daytime.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Scott,

Forgive my stupidity...or lack of research...

What do you mean by "low glass" tires? Also, I thought all BFG at/s were extreme snow rated. Or are these special? A "new" model?
-no need to reply until post SEMA-

I am sure the answer is simple and/or something I've read or heard before. Nothing comes to mind however.

Ramdough

Adventurer
Hey Scott.... As usual.... great job and nice mods!!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

When do we get to see more pics? :chowtime:

Do the lights stay fixed up, or do they fold down?

I can't wait to read about your arctic trip when you get back.

Just curious, on your arctic trip, how are you going to keep your water supply from freezing? Are you at all worried about bursting pipes or tanks?

Again, nice work.

Scott Brady

Founder
Getting close to the end

The Expeditions West Tacoma is nearly finished.

Expeditions_West_Tacoma_Final-01.JPG

Expeditions_West_Tacoma_Final-02.JPG

Expeditions_West_Tacoma_Final-03.JPG

Expeditions_West_Tacoma_Final-04.JPG

Expeditions_West_Tacoma_Final-05.JPG

Here are the last few remaining items.

1. Install Lifeline 105 AH battery in tool box (have battery)
2. Install Extreme Outback Products Extreme Aire Magnum Compressor (have compressor)
3. Install Scan Gauge II (have unit)
4. Install new GPS and carputer (working on solution)
5. Install nice seats (3 of them by making the rear drawer system optional)
6. Gas fired water heater (webasto or similar)
7. 35" tires for the trail with bead locks
8. Refine storage solutions

There will be several Arctic specific modifications too, which I will cover in the Arctic Ocean thread.

Scott Brady

Founder
blupaddler said:
What do you mean by "low glass" tires? Also, I thought all BFG at/s were extreme snow rated. Or are these special? A "new" model?

These are the Extreme Snow Rated AT's (not all AT KO's have that rating).

Glass Rating is the temperature at which tires transition from a pliable rubber to a solid. Low-glass rated tires are made from selected styrene-butadiene rubbers with lower levels of carbon black.

These tires are good to about -60

Doin_It

Adventurer
So I'm looking at
[The Expeditions West Tacoma is nearly finished.
/QUOTE] pictures, and thinking, Ok, no mud flaps. I sure hope that truck doesn't come up here and get that nice pristine clean dry southern paint job all peppered with road salt, sand and gravel. You tend to see a lot of vehicles up this way with either factory or aftermarket flaps for that reason. Now of course not everyone has them and seeing your only doing the one trip it may not be and issue for the E.W.T. Just thought I'd throw it in so that you could find another way to spend you $$$'s. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven