Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Looks Great! :victory: Do you fill the tank from above? I think I saw that earlier, but don't remember.

Also have you thought about a hard mounted solar pannel in addition to your roll?

Nice set up!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
expeditionswest said:
I took a few pictures of the truck yesterday for an upcoming mag article, and thought I would share:

prsct_shoot.JPG

Very Nice Scott!! Looking good!

shawkins

Adventurer
My first post here, and I just wanted to say: Your Taco is truely amazing! I will be using it as somewhat of a model for my '98 4Runner!:bowdown:

ErrinV

Observer
Hi Scott,

Your truck is amazing. A real benchmark. I'm considering mounting a tent above the bed similar to yours. Do you have any pics of the frame it sits on? Trying to figure out how to attack it on an '05 Tacoma.

Thanks,

Errin

ErrinV

Observer
I like the idea of the box to fill the bed. So does the tent clip or lock into the box in anyway or does it sit over the bed rails?

Errin

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
ErrinV said:
I like the idea of the box to fill the bed. So does the tent clip or lock into the box in anyway or does it sit over the bed rails?

Errin

Erin-
His tent is mounted to the custom rack he made using clips that would normally mount to a roof rack (you can see the tabs the 4 chrome closest to the Jeep in the pic)

tent_patform.JPG

You can see more on his mount fab here and here

It's a long thread, but it is all in here! He has the cover/deck mounted to bed rails by screws. (Scott can fill you in on them)

Hope that helps you out a bit!

LostSol

Hey, im new here but ive been checking out the expeditions west taco for some time.
Id like to thank for for helping me to understand alot. you really out do your self on alot of the articles you write. Im glad i found the portal.
I think an expedition sounds really cool. not much for expeditions in south florida though.
oh and your truck is truely amazing.

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for the kind words.

Living in FL does complicate things a bit, though several southern states have extensive forest road systems. Couple that with a long trip each year and you are set :)

LostSol

Im moving within the year to the house we just bought in east tennessee. At least that will get me away from the super boring flatness they call paradise here..
all we have here is... mud, and lots of it!
I really want to take a big trip out west, but it will probably be after the move.

OldSven

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Thanks for the kind words.

Living in FL does complicate things a bit, though several southern states have extensive forest road systems. Couple that with a long trip each year and you are set :)
I was just curious if your truck comes with its own address.:D
What did the truck box run you? I want that same box but regular size, I have an Xtra cab. Awsome truck, hope you make it up to the Northwest someday.

robert

Expedition Leader
Certainly not trying to sound critical because I think it's a beautiful setup, just wondering out loud here, I think I would have put the faucet closer to the shower/further from the electrical connections. I'd also be worried about snapping it off (or more likely having some wanker yank it- just had some jerk break my water inlet cover on the VW off recently :mad:). Is there maybe a way to unscrew it when you don't need it?

Looking good though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven