FG's in Action

yabanja

Explorer
A few pics from our last trip down south....

Woodside Canyon: It is a really crazy place-the whole strata is crooked. The truck is level in this picture. Had a hell of a time finding a level place to park for the night.

IMG_5326.jpg

A lovely camp spot in Ruin Canyon/Beef Basin Just outside of Canyonlands National Park

IMG_5377.jpg

The Road into John's Canyon near Goosenecks of the San Juan was exposed and rough. Just the way we like it!

IMG_2395.jpg

Whitmore Wash in the Grand Canyon. We had good company for this 300 mile dirt road trek along the north rim. It was hot as hades and the 900 foot hike down to the river was well worth it for the cool swim.

IMG_5596.jpg

Allan

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Steve, how did you find the Anne Beadell? Wouldn't mind doing it but last I heard it was horrifically corrugated?

Hi Andrew
We found the Anne Beadell highway much better than expected. Yes a few corrugations, but you work with them. There is more photos etc http://www.4wdaus.com/archive/index.php/jun-2016
Section from emu to wa border was most challenging due to width and height of truck. Corrugations closer to Ilkurlka were large, but manageable. Now the Connie Sue Highway is a different story. Here is a photo of some of the typical corrugations.
image.jpg
Regards
Steve

Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Great Central Road - Australia

WA-NT-Border-Docker-River.jpg

This road is as smooth a a highway until you add 1 variable - RAIN!
Amesz-Mud-Water.jpg

Amesz00

Adventurer
image.jpg
Good little 4wd trip this weekend. Truck did really well thru a couple of soft mud sections, to the point we were surprised the twin locked 80 on 35s behind me was having considerably more difficulty finding grip..

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Good stuff Andrew. These trucks will go just about anywhere, with the right tyre setup. Mind you, if you get stuck, who you gonna call?
Where was this lovely stretch of mud and water.
Cheers Steve

Amesz00

Adventurer
Steve, was on a track down southwest, near Denmark. Yea they are good. Mine still has the open front diff, gonna be fixing that problem soon though.
A cruiser/patrol will pull a canter out with a snatch strap, long as it's a good quality heavy duty one...

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Shannon

Saw your truck parked at Lake Mackensie last week. How good was the weather. Hope you had a good trip. Regards John

LeishaShannon

Adventurer
Ahh! I didn't realise you were around or I would have said hello. The weather was amazing and the trip was great. It was a bit tight with three of us in the camper but I survived ;)

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yeah that would have been really terrible for you in that cab. NOT!!!!

Would have been good to catch up too. You probably walked right past me. I was cooking lunches in the dingo enclosure right next to your truck at the top of the walking track to the lake. I did 3 X 1day trips and went on a 2 day trip (with "engineer") over the school hols. Every day was amazing..... as you know. Back to the real world now. All the best mate.

Last edited:

Bris31

Adventurer
Spent last weekend around Lake Leslie near Warwick.
Most of the time we owned the whole lake!!

Attachments

• LeslieLake1.jpg
    LeslieLake1.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 66
  • LeslieLake2.jpg
    LeslieLake2.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 83
  • LeslieLake3.jpg
    LeslieLake3.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 67
  • LeslieLake4.jpg
    LeslieLake4.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 88

yabanja

Explorer
Here is a video I threw together featuring some footage from our just completed summer trip in FIDO. More to come.
[video=vimeo;180210828]https://vimeo.com/180210828[/video]
Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach