Florida Tacoma build

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
...I would love to do a 1kzte diesel swap but I can not swing the 6-7k to get it done right now so I guess thats out unfortunetly.
Well, if you didf swing it, I would promise to be eternaly jealous of you... My god how I want my 4Runner to have a 1KZT...

Bummer about the motor man, guess we'll all just have to wait longer to see the project progress.

Here's a motivational pic: This is my 91 HJ75 from OZ... I miss my ute bed.
92FJ85OldWhitey.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
4Rescue said:
Nullifier said:
...I would love to do a 1kzte diesel swap but I can not swing the 6-7k to get it done right now so I guess thats out unfortunetly.
Well, if you didf swing it, I would promise to be eternaly jealous of you... My god how I want my 4Runner to have a 1KZT...

Bummer about the motor man, guess we'll all just have to wait longer to see the project progress.

Here's a motivational pic: This is my 91 HJ75 from OZ... I miss my ute bed.
92FJ85OldWhitey.jpg

Thanks for the motivation. I need all I can get right now! Hey I see your sig says your doing a 3rz swap. I happen to know of a guy in Florida who is selling one real Cheap :xxrotflma

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok so today research says an lc engineering motor is 4k I found a 3.4 local with everything except alt and starter for 1800 and amanual r series tranny for 600. so that is an option. I also found a 2.7 from an 06 tacoma that was swiped froma sema build truck with 3k on it. It has everything including a/c comp, brain, all of it for 2.5k so that is an option. I am going to try and look into diesel stuff tomorrow who know I might get lucky!

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
Thanks for the tip I will follow up tomorrow. I always forget about craigslist for some reason. I also turned up this which could be interesting. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/395100219.html

Just have to hunt downa tranny but I would be well under the budget I'm sure.
Would that be a v8? Heck even for the 6cly that would be a smoking deal to get the whole truck so you have all the electrics to do the swap.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
The messages I left for all the motor around altanata had some scary greeting on the answering machines LOL!

Tundra motor. use your best southern accent. "You know what this is.........so use it."

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok well I got my engine. It came from a 2002 tacoma d cab. It is a 2.7 with 40,000 miles. It was pulled becuase the guy dropped in a 1kzte motor from Jarco. I am going to yamk my old motor and drop in the new motor on sunday. I'll now be running coil packs instead of a distributor but this motor came with all the bolt ons and the ecu so I should be set.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok so I got my motor out finally. We had rain delays since I'm doing it in my driveway. THe neighbors are loving me LOL! Ayway I am going to sieze the moment and go ahead and work on touching up the chassis in a few spots and make a few other minor adjustments while motor is out and everything is easy to get to. The only casualty in removing the motor was the fuel line. I went to disconect it and for some reason the head of the connector rounded off despite using a box end wrench. Never had that one happen before. SO I am goung to try and cut it off get a new nut and use a flaring tool to salvage the metal line. I think there is a enough slack to do that. I was also thinking of relocating the FUel FIlter. Under the INtake manifold is a terrible place to have filter sice it is really tough to get to. So I may put it on the inner fender or something we will see.

Two things I guess I am goint to have to deal with is getting a new ECU and possible Harness. This truck was an Auto and mine is a Stick so I am guessing that the Harness atleast the tranny part will not work for me.

Maybe I can get the ecu reprogrammed? looking into that today. Hopefully sunday I will sit the new motor down intot he truck and then be ready to start wiring it all back up.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
I was also thinking of relocating the FUel FIlter. Under the INtake manifold is a terrible place to have filter sice it is really tough to get to. So I may put it on the inner fender or something we will see.

Two things I guess I am goint to have to deal with is getting a new ECU and possible Harness. This truck was an Auto and mine is a Stick so I am guessing that the Harness atleast the tranny part will not work for me.

Maybe I can get the ecu reprogrammed? looking into that today. Hopefully sunday I will sit the new motor down intot he truck and then be ready to start wiring it all back up.
The filter is still down there on the 2.7? bummer.

It has been my experiance that Toyota usually has both plugs present on the harness so they only have to make one harness. My 4Runner has the plugs for a Auto just not used and my Supra was the same way so you might get lucky on the harness. May still need to change the ECM since the computer may drive the shifts on the tranny.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Arg not a good topic right now. My buisness has been in the dumper and I have actually taken a second job so I can keep my staff. Everyting is in the garage waiting on Time and $. Hopefully January things will start hapenning. I have been so mad about this but that is life.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
Arg not a good topic right now. My buisness has been in the dumper and I have actually taken a second job so I can keep my staff. Everyting is in the garage waiting on Time and $. Hopefully January things will start hapenning. I have been so mad about this but that is life.

Dude I hear ya I'm selling off extra stuff just to replace it in the springs when money comes back in. I'm bustin ass saving everything and speding as little as possible. Gotta spend it to make it!

Aaron

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Nullifier said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope things pick up soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven