Florida Tacoma build

Photog

Explorer
Why would you have to do a body lift, to fit the xcab on your frame?

If the frame rails rise up, cant you just channel the floor of the cab?

If your wheelbase didn't change, your sliders should still protect the body.

I liked your original idea, with the xcab on the short frame.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Photog said:
Why would you have to do a body lift, to fit the xcab on your frame?

If the frame rails rise up, cant you just channel the floor of the cab?

If your wheelbase didn't change, your sliders should still protect the body.

I liked your original idea, with the xcab on the short frame.

As much as I want the xcab chaneling the cab section would be a crazy amount of work for minimal gain. Yes the cool factor would be high but I decided the balance of things was to far out of wack.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
yep that was my truck on truck universe. They are probably are going to do another segment wih it before this years baja run.

CYi5

Explorer
Nice man, I thought i recognized that from seeing pics on TTORA awhile back. Are you allowed to say what the next segment your truck will be featured in will be showcasing?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well if I knew I would say. The group collectively has alot of modifications coming up to prep for baja so they will be grabbing our rigs periodically to do the jobs they want to feature. So far they have the mod list and will contact us when they get ready to folm.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
The Ute install has not started yet. I had to reconfigure my garage from doing house project to truck shop. I got that done today so the real tear down will start later in the week. After today though I feel real good about the progress I will be making soon.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Broken Block

Well guys last night I finally got off my lazy butt and pulled the tranny out to fix the clutch. WHile removing the bell housing bolts from the block a piece of the block fell off. It was the ear that the bell housing bolts up to. :yikes: Obviously this is a major problem. I will remove the fly wheel tonight to get a better look because there is also some visible antifreeze in that spot.

So I guess if the block itself is not cracked and the anti freeze is from the freeze plug then I will have to pull the motor and try to weld the ear back on using a nickel rod, and fix the freeze plug. If the block is cracked then I will have to locate a new motor. My long term concern is having a welded ear on the motor. I mean if I broke that off on last years trip I just do not think it will hold up to the abuse being welded since this type of weld is just about imposible to make strong. I may go ahead and fix it and then sell the motor to someone with a street application. I will know more once I get the flywheel off tonight and can see the whole thing.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well this goes from bad to worse. Once the flywheel came off last night I discovered that the top mounting hole was also cracked into the block and weeping coolant. So I guess it's a new motor after all. Now I have to make a decision on what to put in there. SHould I stay witht the 2.7 or upgrade to the 3.4? I would love to do a 1kzte diesel swap but I can not swing the 6-7k to get it done right now so I guess thats out unfortunetly.

Either way it alot of :Mechanic: time for me. I think the funny thing is that we are suppsoed to have our trucks on display for a CFF fundraiser in a week. Guess mine will be there with no motor , tranny, bed etc. I wil have to hang a sign that says almost ready for baja LOL!

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Dead engine.

Oh man, that really sucks. Do you really feel the need to upgrade to a 3.4L at this point?

Nullifier said:
Either way it alot of :Mechanic: time for me. I think the funny thing is that we are suppsoed to have our trucks on display for a CFF fundraiser in a week. Guess mine will be there with no motor , tranny, bed etc. I wil have to hang a sign that says almost ready for baja LOL!

Too funy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner