FOUND Vans For Sale!

Abitibi

Explorer
Is it expensive? $20,000 gets you a newer van, 4x4, 40" tires, custom bumpers and more... Quite the ambitious project who ever started it but I find it pretty cool.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
1992 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4 7.3L Diesel Cab & Chassis

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/5284394813.html

'4x4 factory diesel E350 - $3000'

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted... I went and looked at it [actually, located about 1 mile north of the Mexican border in Otay Mesa / San Diego].

It fires right up... no weird sounds, rattles, knocks, etc.

The main issue is with the state of CA and their registration demands. It may have been parked awhile, the current owner [Ray, 415-847-9853] bought it at a Lien Sale, and was rewarded with thousands of dollars of back fees. I tried to wade through the mire, and and knew the only answer is a body refit. Which, at this point in time is far too demanding. Seriously, if we weren't moving, if I had the space to park it, I would save it for a rainy day.

Here's some of the specifications/ details:

1992 Ford E350

Manufactured: 05/92

VIN: 1FDKE30M5NHB13171

CA License: 6D24407

4x4 Conversion: Quigley Inc., Manchester PA [Super Trak Van / 4 Wheel Drive].

Mileage: 136XXX [per odometer reading, not 146000 as advertised].

Wheelbase: 138"

Type-GVW: E302

Body: DJ

Trans: E

Axle: E2

Springs: V4J

GVWR: 10500LB

Front: GAWR: 4600LB

Rear GAWR: 7480LB

Tires: LT225/75R16D

Wheels: 16X6K

DSO: 24

"Equipped with the Ford Ambulance Prep. Package"

Borg Warner Automotive Transfer Case [#13-56-039-908]

IPD sway bars mounted on front axle

Ambulance box was removed, but the auxiliary A/C system and the main wiring harness/ box [typically found between the seats up front] is still intact. Battery power shutoff switch [working] located under driver's seat.

It would appear that Carlisle Ford [813-321-7735 / Florida] sold/ serviced this vehicle first, per warranty tag/ sticker found under the hood...

I could not find any major leaks... a heck of a start for a build... the rig is parked in a secure storage yard, which can be used to store it until you're ready to retrieve it [for very minimal outlay - less than $50/mo].

The owner is real decent [born in Australia, raised in Austria, living around the globe]... Ray, is not desperate to sell, but, like many of us, has plenty on his plate. He is easy to work with, but be warned you'll need to really pay attention on the phone with his accent [if you're unaccustomed to an Australian accent influenced by German and Italian]. Honestly, having met and spoke with him, at length, was worth every minute spent on the 5 freeway that day [almost six hours L.A. - S.D.].

I told him I would post this here for him... tell 'em William sent ya'.

eporter

Adventurer
Ok, just looked it up and realized the Kodiak/Topkick is a larger medium duty truck, so that back porch is probably there to cover up the frame.

ALSO, "Cadillac One is a common name for the Presidential State Car of United States President Barack Obama. Unlike previous presidential limousines, it is not at all based on a production vehicle, borrowing assemblies from several different vehicles from the 2009 Cadillac line (primarily the Escalade and STS). Although it wears a Cadillac limousine body and badging, the armored vehicle utilizes a four-wheel drive chassis and powertrain of a General Motors medium-duty truck (Chevrolet Kodiak/GMC TopKick)."

Ok, back on topic, here's a cool idea for a cutaway conversion: Add a sleeper cab off an 18 wheeler. Would be a real cool option for that 4x4 cutaway listed previously. Cut it down to a shortened frame/wheelbase 4x4 rig!
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5310223278.html

01212_czQ9IABhH3E_600x450.jpg

Ambo/swat van with 15k. Dual awnings with side walls/tarp doors:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5296441902.html

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
I have a really nice 09 15 passenger Chevy Express 3500, 69K miles, 6.0 gas motor, power windows/locks, keyless etc. is excellent in everyway. Van is currently on eBay, take a look and contact me if you're interested. I bought it to build a lifted 2wd camper van, then started considering a 4WD conversion, then stumbled upon a huge custom built 4WD GMC Savana 3500 with a dana 60 under the front and an 8.1 under the hood so that's my current project. I'm in Durango CO, am also my own shipping broker, if any interest please contact me. Jim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291608301634?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy