FOUND Vans For Sale!

uncompromise

Adventurer
Not much of an offroader, but pretty cool road trip rig. https://santamaria.craigslist.org/cto/5430747342.html

00909_dRxNVouRmVQ_600x450.jpg

this thing is DOPE!

eporter

Adventurer
This one has been posted in the PDX area for months. Price has been slowly dropping from $9000. Now it's at 3K! Might be worth just that in parts (newer engine, trans, solar parts, veggie oil conversion kit)?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5360688957.html

"2000 E350 Ambulance Sustainability Project - $3000
Hello, I've got an E350 ambulance PROJECT vehicle. I've been working on it for about a year. Ive spent about $6000 dollars plus 100 hours or so, and it is about 80% finished. Miles are at 350,000 mark, but I have replaced many of the components.

MAKE ME AN OFFER!

My original plan was to convert this to a solar and vegetable oil powered RV.

Yes, it RUNS, however there is a fuel clog somewhere in the vehicle. It is most likely in the tank screens.

The good:
new fuel bowl assembly
new high pressure oil pump
new radiator
new transmission in line filter
new AC lines and accumulator
new transmission oil/engine oil, air filters, changed in the last 100 miles
250W, 214aH solar system plus 3x120v wired and WORKING great
Vegetable oil conversion kit installed and running, two tank system with switch between diesel and veggie oil--needs some work, contact me for details
rebuilt 7.3TD powerstroke engine with 50,000 miles
New transmission installed 2 years ago, also at 50,000 miles
new high pressure oil pump
new fuel bowl assembly
Blank canvass interior allows you to take this project where you want it
working heater, working AC, working radio
PA system
working lights and sirens
reduced weight from 10,000 to 7200 lbs after gutting interior

The bad:
The veggie kit is installed, and works, but needs a few components to run better and preserve the life of the vehicle
Tires are 6 years old, rated for 10
Needs new front brake pads in probably 1000-2000 miles
Recently tagged
Despite having a very new engine and transmission, the vehicle is 350,000 miles. I've replaced most of the major components at this point, but this will be a vehicle that will most likely need TLC through its life. The reason why I'm selling is I would rather not commit to a project vehicle like this. If you are familiar with diesel cars, and don't mind a project, this is for you."
00W0W_kbWvcyoZbcx_600x450.jpg00000_1rhdZYaoTtM_600x450.jpg

89s rule

Adventurer
I'm surrounded by friends/family that are Ford diesel mechanics.

I have several as well. 1/2 say run the other 1/2 say it's ok w/bulletproof. Then again one of those who said yes now owns one and has had to put plenty into it after bulletproof, he is not stock power etc though.

eporter

Adventurer
1996 4WD E-250, 111k, 5.8L V8, being auctioned by Govdeals:

"DESCRIPTION: Starts & Runs. Agency reports, " Steering components worn out." This vehicle was towed in with report of safety deficiency. Moves forward/backward and steers/stops in our yard. Suggest Tow or Haul away. Has scratches, scuffs and dings throughout consistent with active use. Interior is worn, dirty and stained. Windshield has rock chips. Tires have less than 30% tread left. There are holes in the dash as well as plugs in the roof from previously installed equipment. Body: Dents, sliding door, cargo walls. Paint failing on roof. We do not inspect or perform any diagnostics on vehicles or equipment prior to offering items for sale to determine mechanical or operational condition. A/C is Cold! "
https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=1192&acctid=5859

Salem Kroger 4WD conversion info re: Oregon Lottery 4wd vans. Not sure if this is one, but sounds like the ride may be harsh:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f10/ride-quality-salem-kroger-5088-2.html

jmeb

Observer
In case anyone sees one around...

ISO: Clean-as-possible, low-mileage-as-possible Chevy Astro / GMC Safari AWD. Hoping for $5-7K, willing to travel or pay for delivery to CO. After a couple years with an old Astro beater, I'm ready to start my keeper build.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't know if it helps, but I bought a 1992 7.3, 104k on it, Type III, with stove, fridge, sink, new rubber, and no rust, for about that same money.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Yes, for the asking price of the ambo that won't start. I don't know what to tell you to ask. Pricing in your area may be different than mine. What I would suggest though is at the very least get a starter in it. That's about as simple a job as it gets and most folks are going to be put off of spending $4k for something they can't even start.

uncompromise

Adventurer
Yes, for the asking price of the ambo that won't start. I don't know what to tell you to ask. Pricing in your area may be different than mine. What I would suggest though is at the very least get a starter in it. That's about as simple a job as it gets and most folks are going to be put off of spending $4k for something they can't even start.

agreed; the starter is getting replaced in about two hours :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk