FOUND Vans For Sale!

eporter

Adventurer
Ok, it's not a van, but it IS a 4wd, diesel pickup truck Ambulance converted for SWAT use, w/ ~11k miles. Current bid is at $2k.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=764&acctid=393

"1995 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Reg. Cab 4WD CHASSIS AND CAB, 6.5L V8 OHV 16V TURBO DIESEL. LOW MILES!!! 10,846 MILES!!! This is an excellent vehicle with low miles obtained through the military surplus program by the Manchester Police Department. This was an ambulance that has been converted to a SWAT command post. All decals have been removed. This is an emergency vehicle. Installed equipment include: 360 degree coverage strobes (blue lenses to be removed if not purchased by law enforcement) Whelen siren with speakers, center console with LED light indicator panel. The box is temp controlled cold / heat. Exhaust fan, internal fan, power inverter. Grill has cover and snaps for cold weather. This is a 4WD vehicle and all transmission and 4WD equipment works. AC blows cold. Wheels have chrome simulators installed. Very low miles on this vehicle. Has been maintenance while in service with MPD every 300 miles."

393_764_18.JPG

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Ok, it's not a van, but it IS a 4wd, diesel pickup truck Ambulance converted for SWAT use, w/ ~11k miles. Current bid is at $2k.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=764&acctid=393

"1995 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Reg. Cab 4WD CHASSIS AND CAB, 6.5L V8 OHV 16V TURBO DIESEL. LOW MILES!!! 10,846 MILES!!! This is an excellent vehicle with low miles obtained through the military surplus program by the Manchester Police Department. This was an ambulance that has been converted to a SWAT command post. All decals have been removed. This is an emergency vehicle. Installed equipment include: 360 degree coverage strobes (blue lenses to be removed if not purchased by law enforcement) Whelen siren with speakers, center console with LED light indicator panel. The box is temp controlled cold / heat. Exhaust fan, internal fan, power inverter. Grill has cover and snaps for cold weather. This is a 4WD vehicle and all transmission and 4WD equipment works. AC blows cold. Wheels have chrome simulators installed. Very low miles on this vehicle. Has been maintenance while in service with MPD every 300 miles."

View attachment 373502

I recently bought a property in Manchester TN and when I went to city hall to have my water turned on a couple months ago, I saw that truck siting there and was thinking how it would make a cool rig. I'm sure the price will go up a bit and I hate the auto extension on those auctions.

86scotty

Cynic
I recently bought a property in Manchester TN and when I went to city hall to have my water turned on a couple months ago, I saw that truck siting there and was thinking how it would make a cool rig. I'm sure the price will go up a bit and I hate the auto extension on those auctions.

That's really cool and looks pretty promising for an overlanding rig. It looks like it has a slide out? Very unusual.

eporter

Adventurer
I also dig that truck because it's all wire and switches, and no circuitboard. So life is easier once you understand the rats nest, and want to add accessories. Also more robust if you're bumping down rough roads for a long time.

393_764_34.JPG

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Would any of you be willing to give me some honest constructive criticism about my van for sale. I feel it is totally worth the money I'm asking with all the new big ticket items. I cant go much lower than I have it listed now and I have no bites at all. I want to at least break even. Im thick skinned. Tell me what you think.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/282243490716?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

While you deserve to be commended for your honesty in describing in excruciating detail all the minor problems with the van, realize that that approach isn't what sells used cars.

The first thing I think is this guy wants $21,500 for a van and he is too cheap to spend $35 to replace a missing fan louver. It's obvious that he doesn't care about it, so who knows what else is wrong with it.

Dwell on the good stuff, the great stuff. Tidy up the small details and don't dwell on honest wear that is consistent with the year and miles. Also, you should be asking more - and will get it with a little work. The reason it hasn't been selling is marketing, not price IMHO.

eporter

Adventurer
I agree w/ the above in that you should put the good stuff first, and mention the little things last. I'd also fix up those small cosmetic items. If you've spent so much fixing it, why not enjoy it for awhile? I read that you're looking to recoup costs, but it also could come across that you're looking to get out while you still can...

Also, Illinois can be a salty, rusty place. Maybe clean up the bottom a bit more and post some better pics of it on there?

You are probably also being too honest for Ebay... Good on you, though!

*I bought my FJ60 Land Cruiser 16 years ago on Ebay from a guy in Oregon. "New motor, paint, rust free" Ha! Well, the motor blew the head gasket, and I found out it had been in Illinois for awhile, and yep it's got rust from that. Realized all that writing this...*

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5860186897.html

00909_2FjKw8WQAeU_600x450.jpg

This looks like a peach. LOW miles too.

ETA: this van was definitely cheaper yesterday. by 2-3K

Last edited:

wheresmikeys

Observer
Thanks for the feedback on my van for sale. I took my sale post down and I will redo my description. I have more items getting replaced this week, so hopefully this next time around it will sell. Its a great van, but I do need to sell it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad