FOUND Vans For Sale!

Pangle

Wanderer
Definitely a scam.. the RV sections of CL are more scams than not! its ridiculous! ****** is wrong with these scamming low lifes?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Doesnt scream scam to me.

Even has what looks to be a legit phone number for contact info.

How do you figure its a scam?

dazdconfsd

Observer
Doesnt scream scam to me.

Even has what looks to be a legit phone number for contact info.

How do you figure its a scam?

Single really low resolution picture that looks like it was a thumbnail on the original advertisement. Description/Title is kinda jumbled in a way that doesn't make sense and the price is far lower than it should be.

SirMrManGuy

Observer
I emailed the guy, seemed nice. I'll be coming over to the US in March for a 6-8mo journey and if this is as good as it looks, would be perfect. Trying to sort out someone to look at it on my behalf, and then getting it to Baltimore MD, where I'll start would be the issue.
By the time I got a mechanic organized I missed out by a few days. Sucks because this thing was exactly what I wanted at a good price.

Looking for a 4x4 pop top. I'd love an EB with the RB layout, as I'll be trying to stash two mountain bikes inside. I've only got about 20-25k to spend but older lower mileage stuff is ok. I've thought about doing interior conversions on AWDs or axle swapping a 2wd class B, but I'd only have a month to do the work (I fortunately have access to a good shop in Baltimore).

86scotty

Cynic
Single really low resolution picture that looks like it was a thumbnail on the original advertisement. Description/Title is kinda jumbled in a way that doesn't make sense and the price is far lower than it should be.

Yep, that and more. I shopped for a Chinook for a long time. For whatever reason scammers love these things. I would say that 8 out of 10 Chinooks I could find (and there aren't many) were scams. It's crazy. If you look on Searchtempest or something and see where all the Craigslist ads for them are listed, virtually every one will have been flagged. Coincidence? Maybe but I looked for a long time and figured out after while it probably wasn't. Scammers love em and people who are looking constantly flag the ads.

hyperboarder

Adventurer
Yep, that and more. I shopped for a Chinook for a long time. For whatever reason scammers love these things. I would say that 8 out of 10 Chinooks I could find (and there aren't many) were scams. It's crazy. If you look on Searchtempest or something and see where all the Craigslist ads for them are listed, virtually every one will have been flagged. Coincidence? Maybe but I looked for a long time and figured out after while it probably wasn't. Scammers love em and people who are looking constantly flag the ads.

Same, I've seen about 2 real ones per 50 scams. It's getting easier to spot the scams in RV and elsewhere, usually a bit too cheap, one picture with no plate, something off about the title (heat strip?) and often cut and paste text from a similar ad. YMMV.

On topic, overpriced Astro anyone? http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5854830905.html

Nicely set up but I think it's a 4 figure van, not a 5 figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy