fuso 4x4 rebuild

alan

Explorer
Sorry fella's have been so busy trying to get the truck finished, it's not quite finished but i purchased a permit to drive it for 28 days, it's coming home tomorrow!!!!:smiley_drive::wings::victory:

alan

Explorer
Does it look any different?
Drove it home today, certainly enough power although cruising at 100k's by gps it's wanting another gear badly,mmm maybe 37" tyres, the suspension is great the front a little hard in the shocks even with them both set on soft, i removed the secondary shocks and this made it much softer, ended up with the main struts 4 clicks up, i'm sure with the camper on the back the second shocks will go back on, the speedo is 8k's out of whack.

canter tourer

Adventurer
Simply a sensational re-build, transformation that you have created. I am thankful that you did it, as we'd never have gotten the cool alloy wheels without it!

What rpm are you doing at 100kph? Enough power is something I am still to look for, but with 35" tyres in 5th at 100kph I am on 3000rpm, with 500rpm to spare, compared to 100kph on redline at 3500rpmwith stockies!

alan

Explorer
At 100k's the tacho shows 3100 rpm i was'nt sure if the tacho was accurate but from you tell me it seems to be ok, i still need to finish a few things off and adjust the pump correctly for the turbo, luckily we just installed a chassis dyno so this will come in handy.
Sitting on 90k's the boost gauge shows 7psi which is ideal.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Does it look any different?
A little, but the differences are quite small. ;)

That tray looks pretty wide. I am guessing you are not too worried about narrow tracks and more interested in its ability to be used as a daily driver goods truck.
How'd you get a permit with no door mirrors? Must be a Victorian thing...

Last edited:

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Wow you guys sure don't mind buzzing you motors.. When I converted my Class A from gas to diesel I re geared so it would do 70 MPH at 1850 RPM. So 100 KPH would be about 1600 RPM. But that's with a 5 speed auto with I'D and lock up torque converter being turned by a 5.9 L Cummins putting out 250 hp.

Unless I missed you guys are running gas motors?????

My Isuzu Trooper with C 223 L motor would die a horrible death at 3300 RPM in short order.

canter tourer

Adventurer
Wow you guys sure don't mind buzzing you motors.. When I converted my Class A from gas to diesel I re geared so it would do 70 MPH at 1850 RPM. So 100 KPH would be about 1600 RPM. But that's with a 5 speed auto with I'D and lock up torque converter being turned by a 5.9 L Cummins putting out 250 hp.

Unless I missed you guys are running gas motors?????

My Isuzu Trooper with C 223 L motor would die a horrible death at 3300 RPM in short order.

No, they are diesel engines, designed to run all day like that, just makes for noisy cruising at 100kph (60mph) and still gets fuel economy @16litres/100k, but we'd all love to have the cummins!

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Thinking of picking up a NPR with a blown motor I found recently and dropping in my spare 5.9 Cummins with an Allison 1000 4wd tranny. (Yea i think I can make it fit. )Then stuffing some Dana 60 axles I have laying around from another project under it. Will probably put a camper on its back and go play! Good thing I have an understanding wife. HUH?

ENJOYING following this build!

blackduck

Explorer
How'd you get a permit with no door mirrors? Must be a Victorian thing...

If Vic is anything like WA you just go online and pay your money then drive
its on you to make sure the vehicle is roadworthy and safe
if its not they pull the permit and put a yellow sticker on it

Looking good
and in the sunlight the beige looks a little less cardigan and slippers
not much :)

how did the rear end feel with those massive spacer blocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater