Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

After the Black Hills, It was a long day of driving through the Cherokee and Crow Nations in Montana, then dropped into Custer Gallatin National Forest. I found a beautiful National Forest campground (Cascade) alongside a mountain river in Southern Montana. I picked the campground because it was next to the river, but there were plenty of free spots along the gravel road in.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8663.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8664.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8665.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8690.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8692.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8683.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8669.JPG

Mules

These pictures really don't capture how beautiful Bear Tooth Highway is. If you have an opportunity to enter Yellowstone from the Northeast into Lamar Valley don't miss this drive. Lamar is also where you'll see hundreds of Buffalo, and I even saw an endangered grey wolf.

IMG_8698.JPG

IMG_8708.JPG

IMG_8711.JPG

IMG_8720.JPG

IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8741.JPG

Mules

I loved the 40-50 degree mornings in Yellowstone. Each morning I made coffee and cooked breakfast, on my electric pan/griddle, inside the camper. Usually I just ate an apple and snack during the day while exploring. Then at night started a small fire to grill some burgers or brats. It worked out great.

One last hike to Artists Point at the Canyon area, to look at the waterfalls, then off to see all the geysers and mud pots for the day.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_8473.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9028.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9030.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9047.JPG

Mules

Well, you can't go to Yellowstone without seeing some of the hot spots. I ended the day camping at Grant campground along the shoreline of Yellowstone Lake.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9102.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9052.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9054.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9062.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9067 2.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9073 2.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9083 2.JPG

Last edited:

dstefan

Not too bad. Only parking lot that was full was Grand Prismatic.
Wow, thats remarkable. Think the last time I tried Yellowstone was about 10 years ago and it was so nuts then we just turned around and went elsewhere. Glad you’re getting a better experience! Maybe the tide is turning?

Mules

After Grant campground, I checked in at the Old Faithful Inn and spent the rest of the day checking out the sites and spending the night in the "Old Section". I love log cabins, and this is the worlds largest.

I was walking past "Bee Hive" geyser and a ranger ran by me saying it was about to blow. It had been 5 days since Bee Hive blew, so I got a close up show of one of the tallest geysers in Yellowstone. Great end of my trip to Yellowstone!

IMG_9129.JPG

IMG_9096.JPG

IMG_9097.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9135.JPG

IMG_9151.JPG

IMG_9164.JPG

Mules

Old Faithful Inn was the last desination of a very fun trip. Home called, and I started the 20hr. trip.

One last peak at Grand Teton, then filled up with gas in Jackson Wyoming, and headed home down Highway 80.

The picture is the smaller elk arch in Jackson.

I'll be back...

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9178.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Expedition Rigs IMG_9183.JPG

Last edited:

1000arms

Old Faithful Inn was the last desination of a very fun trip. Home called, and I started the 20hr. trip home..

One last peak at the Grand Tetons, and filled up with gas in Jackson Wyoming, then headed home down Highway 80. ... I'll be back...

I knew that before you started your trip! :cool: ... (I've been out there a number of times. :) )

Three Tetons, but only one Grand Teton in the Teton Range. ... Grand Teton National Park is named after the (one) Grand Teton.

"The Tetons received their name from French-Canadian trappers who accompanied the earliest British expeditions into this territory. As they approached the range from the west, they beheld three towering mountains upon which they bestowed the name of "Trois Tetons" ("Three Breasts"). is from:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater