Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

Well, I was thinking about building in the sink and stove on top of the small bench. I was adding up the cost of a $600 sink stove combo, another $300 for plumbing, and faucet, then I have to plumb in a propane tank. I may still do that later, but for now, here's a simple, inexpensive water pump solution. A Scepter 20l jug and a cheap 12v dispenser, all for under $70.

I just ordered my Scepter and dispenser.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.36.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.41.47 AM.png

Mules

It's hard to beat a $25 Amazon water dispenser for a faucet. This is a simple, cheap, cool idea. I might have to try this.

highwest

I have a stainless steel sink basin from our 1980 sailboat that was renovated. It’s 12.75” x 11.75” across the top, 6.5” deep with the current drain assembly, and it needs a quick cleanup. Do you want it to play around with?

Mules

I have a stainless steel sink basin from our 1980 sailboat that was renovated. It’s 12.75” x 11.75” across the top, 6.5” deep with the current drain assembly, and it needs a quick cleanup. Do you want it to play around with?
Thanks for the offer, but not yet, I'm thinking about one of these collapsable plastic sinks. I have to figure out if I want to dump to outside, or use a grey tank. I don't think I want a grey tank, since the water usage will be minimal.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 7.05.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-20 at 7.19.05 AM.png

Mules

Now this was a fun project. The water dispenser didn’t fit the water jug well but luckily I had some tubing laying around that joined the two together perfectly.

FCFA6121-E1CF-4CD9-93E9-EB916EC6177A.jpeg

Last edited:

malibubts

Adventurer
Well, I was thinking about building in the sink and stove on top of the small bench. I was adding up the cost of a $600 sink stove combo, another $300 for plumbing, and faucet, then I have to plumb in a propane tank. I may still do that later, but for now, here's a simple, inexpensive water pump solution. A Scepter 20l jug and a cheap 12v dispenser, all for under $70.

I just ordered my Scepter and dispenser.

Been running this setup for the past year and have been loving it. I also wanted something simple that I could leave in the truck and have dispensed water. Only issue I've found is that the friction fit of the dispenser can get knocked lose on certain roads, but I'm sure there is a way to adhere that better.

Mules

Been running this setup for the past year and have been loving it. I also wanted something simple that I could leave in the truck and have dispensed water. Only issue I've found is that the friction fit of the dispenser can get knocked lose on certain roads, but I'm sure there is a way to adhere that better.
My dispenser's bottom ring was too far away from the Scepter to get a friction fit. I slipped on the tube below onto the Dispenser nub and it fits tight inside the Scepter outlet. It's pretty tight and I can't imagine it would fall off. I think each dispenser bottom is a little bit taller/different, so one solution might not fit all.

IMG_7320.JPGIMG_7321.JPG

Mules

Sorry it's bin a while since I posted. I'm waiting for my memory foam mattress to be delivered before I take my camper on it's first overnight outing. It should arrive next week. I went for a 4" memory foam mattress. I debated quite a while on this. I love my memory foam mattress topper on my bed at home, but I've heard that when camping in cold temperatures, memory foam can be hard. I'll give you my review, in a couple weeks, as the temps are hitting 40 degrees at night, and I still don't have heat in the camper. Bow season for deer is open in Missouri now, so I'll be spending quite a few nights at deer camp, testing the camper.

This is what I bought. A bit pricy but I do love memory foam.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.19.20 PM.png

Mules

All right I need some help again on the subject of an overlanding toilet. Look, I'm a dude that is pretty comfortable carrying a roll of TP and sitting on a downed tree in the woods. For some reason, this isn't acceptable to my wife and daughter.

My simple solution is a Lug a Loo with biodegradable potty bags. It's mostly my property I camp on, so I just bury the bio bags. I'm curious about Porta potties, but do I really want to dump all that sewage in a toilet??

Let me know what you use!! This should be a fun subject.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.43.06 PM.png

Last edited:

wowf

All right I need some help again on the subject of an overlanding toilet. Look, I'm a dude that is pretty comfortable carrying a roll of TP and sitting on a downed tree in the woods. For some reason, this isn't acceptable to my wife and daughter.

My simple solution is a Lug a Loo with biodegradable potty bags. It's mostly my property I camp on, so I just bury the bio bags. I'm curious about Porta potties, but do I really want to dump all that sewage in a toilet??

View attachment 745135
We use a 5 gal bucket with a seat (like a luggable loo) and a plastic bag filled with sawdust (either from my shop or from the local pet store, if I don't have enough). Solid waste only. It works great. I cover it with a sealed lid for the trip back home and we don't smell a thing.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader

View attachment 745135
Just get the Thetford - It's not bad at all dumping and even if on your property, dig a hole and dump and not bury plastic. No smells and can travel half full with no issue.

1000arms

Oops!! I meant Overlanding, not Overloading.
@IdaSHO 's thread might be of interest to you.

or perhaps:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle