Gladiator Pop-Up Pass Through Camper Build

Mules

This would be nice to add and it fits!

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 8.31.11 AM.png

Last edited:

Mules

I left 18" of room at the back of the truck for fridges, coolers, toilet, 5 gallon water jugs, chairs, etc. Here they are easy to load and can be easily pulled out while camping. You can move the coolers/fridge to the small bench, for easier access to your favorite beverage :).

IMG_7256.JPGIMG_7251.JPG

Last edited:

wild1

Adventurer
Are there any good DIY ideas on how to put bug screens in my roll down truck windows, while camping?

View attachment 741438
Since I'm a better carpenter than seamstress, I designed the layout around stock cushions. This might be a good concept for a 4 door Wrangler also, just with lower seat height and shorter cushions.

View attachment 742106

View attachment 742083View attachment 742084View attachment 742085
I really like how your camper interior turned out, wish I had the backseat area to work with! For big screens we use the window socks that you can get on Amazon. I have had a variety of do it your self solutions but these have worked way better for us. They are inexpensive, super compact and allow you to adjust the windows anywhere from fully open to closed. The back are the square style, the fronts are for an angled door.3EE4A2CA-F616-4955-A46E-EA3274DEBD47.jpeg

wild1

Adventurer
I really like how your camper interior turned out, wish I had the backseat area to work with! For big screens we use the window socks that you can get on Amazon. I have had a variety of do it your self solutions but these have worked way better for us. They are inexpensive, super compact and allow you to adjust the windows anywhere from fully open to closed. The back are the square style, the fronts are for an angled door.View attachment 742419
F0C2CF09-11A0-4728-BF09-ABF917C81944.jpeg

Mules

I really like how your camper interior turned out, wish I had the backseat area to work with! For big screens we use the window socks that you can get on Amazon. I have had a variety of do it your self solutions but these have worked way better for us. They are inexpensive, super compact and allow you to adjust the windows anywhere from fully open to closed. The back are the square style, the fronts are for an angled door.View attachment 742419
Thanks, the interior is really comfortable. The cushions are memory foam and feel great.

Is your camper a pass through? I love the short roof rack on your build! Looks like it would fit mine. What is it and where did you get it??

wild1

Adventurer
Thanks, the interior is really comfortable. The cushions are memory foam and feel great.

Is your camper a pass through? I love the short roof rack on your build! Looks like it would fit mine. What is it and where did you get it??
I wish it was a pass through! Just a standard Go Fast camper, but it works well for a modular system for the Gladiator. The rack is a Smittybuilt Defender short rack for a JT. It is actually designed to mount behind the Freedom Panels but I was able to adjust it to fit reasonably well. Ideally I would like to get one of the mounts back on the solid part of the roof but it has been fine for 5000 miles with quite a few rough roads. I got it from 4 Wheel Parts, I really like it for the price.

Mules

I wish it was a pass through! Just a standard Go Fast camper, but it works well for a modular system for the Gladiator. The rack is a Smittybuilt Defender short rack for a JT. It is actually designed to mount behind the Freedom Panels but I was able to adjust it to fit reasonably well. Ideally I would like to get one of the mounts back on the solid part of the roof but it has been fine for 5000 miles with quite a few rough roads. I got it from 4 Wheel Parts, I really like it for the price.
I was looking at the Short Defender rack and it looks like it has mounts on the front for (4) lights. Does yours, and could you take a picture of the front of it. It looks like a nice inexpensive solution to both storage and a light bar.

Love the shovel by the way!

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 7.34.49 PM.png

Last edited:

wild1

Adventurer
I was looking at the Short Defender rack and it looks like it has mounts on the front for (4) lights. Does yours, and could you take a picture of the front of it. It looks like a nice inexpensive solution to both storage and a light bar.

View attachment 742688
It does have 4 tabs on the front and 2 on the rear.I will grab a picture for you tomorrow. It is a really sturdy rack and the price is super reasonable.

wild1

Adventurer

View attachment 742688
Here is a front on picture of the rack with light tabs.4794013F-DDCE-4837-B8F0-E8F17EB0165C.jpeg4794013F-DDCE-4837-B8F0-E8F17EB0165C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk