Hello Miss FJ62. Flaco's dream.

I am having trouble finding what I thought would be a simple solution... what Toyotas had the H41 transmission? Where can I get one???

As you know- H41 shares the same gears 1st through 4th as the H55. The H42 transmission has a higher first gear--- not bueno. I'd like to get the H41 which allows better usage of 33 or 35" ties.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
........I'd like to get the H41 which allows better usage of 33 or 35" ties.

That's mostly true in FJ60s. They have 3.70:1 differential gears, where the 62 has 4.11:1.

There were 2 different H41 transmissions. I'm not certain of the year/model/availability, but I do know that the gear ratios are different between the 2. One has a 4.92 first and the other has a 5.30 first. Of course the 2nd and 3rd ratios are different, too.

I think G&S gets them occasionally.

Happy hunting,
Dave

RU55ELL

Explorer
Hahaha... nope. A Range Rover Classic!

Nah, its down to Montero SR or a Trooper w/ 5spd. Better bang for the buck over the Toyotas.... unfortunately.

Maybe you missed the fine print: Disco*

*including other Land Rover models.

:D

I'll keep an eye out for a Mitsu or Troopa for you.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I did find a good RRC with a blown motor for $300....... chevy swap?:sombrero:

Just think, after putting the 350 in there you will be just a transmission, two axles and a transfer case away from a reliable drivetrain! :elkgrin:

Now for the wiring issues... :(

Just think, after putting the 350 in there you will be just a transmission, two axles and a transfer case away from a reliable drivetrain! :elkgrin:

Now for the wiring issues... :(

I did think... and thats why I've narrowed it down to a couple vehicles that I think I can be happy with for at least a couple weeks!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad