Hello Miss FJ62. Flaco's dream.

Dam. I'm. Conflicted.

So, I am trying to tell myself to figure out what I want to do. I do, deeply, love the Crooza... and surprisingly, my daughter has become attached too. Sure there are a couple quirks that bug me, but its an old truck.

What now you ask? Well, the only way I'm going to keep this truck is if I swap in a SBC. Do you guys think I can get it done for around $2000-3000 bucks? I'm sure I can offset that by selling the 3FE w/ everything also.

Don't suggest doing a diesel swap. While it sounds good, cost would be double, and performance much less.

Help me decide.

Oyaji_Jon

Observer
In short, I don't think that you'll be able to do the swap on that budget, and I truly think that going into it with the idea that you can will be setting yourself up for a let down. Of course, as soon as I say that, someone will say the they did it for $1500 and that ANYONE can do it for that. I think you need to objectively look at the price of materials, parts, and your own ability to know if it's achievable.

Sorry to be the voice of reason, party pooper, "that guy," etc...

I truly hope you reach a desirable outcome with the rig!

You guys may be relieved.... So, this week, I am going to do some intensive research and work on the truck... and as suggested maybe some beer swapping... to get the cruiser running better. I'm still considering getting the 4speed.

Why? I come home and see the cruiser sitting in the driveway, all perdy and sexy.

fowldarr

Explorer
also research and see how much your SBC motor is going to cost. Are you going to do the tranny at the same time, transfer case, drivelines, motormounts, etc, and your ability to do it yourself. If you can, you may pull it in for $3k, but, I would plan on more, of course that may be offset by the sale of the 3fe somewhat.

jbarnhill

I know you have talked about it but I have an 89 fj62 and had an h55f put in this summer bestt thing I have done to date to any truck. I put a 350 with a nv4500 in my old fj40 and that is a great conversion just was not for me. Also with the 5 speed running 33s I get around 16 mpg.

Finally got off my lazy ******** and did something.

Old and busted. New Hotness.
65493_582865775771_62002887_32871111_4280174_n.jpg

They fit. But do they fit? These calipers are from a 94 V6 4runner 2wd. I've got the rotors also, but not sure if they will fit the hub. The 4runner's rotors are thicker than the 62's. I did have to grind the caliper down

No I haven't bled the system yet. I'll probably buy some pads tomorrow...

Old and busted:
65778_582865810701_62002887_32871113_980225_n.jpg

New Hotness:
163032_582865795731_62002887_32871112_7782318_n.jpg

So this means you are keeping the Crooza? (I like the way "crooza" sounds did you come up with that?

If you are keeping it, I am glad. SBC sounds good to me, even though I am one of "those" partial to diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this means you are keeping the Crooza? (I like the way "crooza" sounds did you come up with that?

If you are keeping it, I am glad. SBC sounds good to me, even though I am one of "those" partial to diesel.

Howdy Luis glad to see you on my thread (you'ns guys being an inspiration).

I'm keeping it till I change my mind again.

You have to say "Crooza" like you're Ahhrnuld. Actually my dear friend Bones got us started on that. I dont remember where he got it from, but the phrase is "zee Crooza yah!!!" My daughter loves the phrase of course. So the truck is named "Z Crooza"

RU55ELL

Explorer
I'm glad to see you are leaning toward keeping it. I'm not one of those that likes cross-manufacture transplants so I say stay with a Toyota powerplant.

The intake manifold came off... was difficult though.

Since I've dug in so far, I'm wonder how to clean the injectors and if I can do them myself?

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
The intake manifold came off... was difficult though.

Since I've dug in so far, I'm wonder how to clean the injectors and if I can do them myself?

Diesel... and beer for those helping you! :)

I've cleaned lots of throttle bodies in a bucket of diesel and some carb cleaner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad