Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
goodtimes said:
Yea, but the "beverages" won't be needed for the driving part of the trip...just the campfire part.

:friday:

I drive and Wen drinks... works well in my book. :p

seth_js

Explorer
I'm not very familiar with the area, is there gas somewhere along the 10 between Benson and the I-10/186 junction?

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
seth_js said:
I'm not very familiar with the area, is there gas somewhere along the 10 between Benson and the I-10/186 junction?

Yes there is a gas station on the right passing the rest area that they call it THE THing, I believe they still have a ( :Wow1: ) in there! They use to have very good icecream there!

seth_js

Explorer
MaddBaggins said:
if anyone else is planning on coming out early friday, Brad and I will be at Eclectic Cafe at 9am Friday for breakfast. The cafe is on the northwest corner of Sabino Canyon road and Tanque Verde road in Tucson. Look for an 80 series Landcruiser w/trailer and a 4Runner w/trailer.

After a tasty breakfast we'll hit the road. :wavey:

I may be there. If I'm not there, then I may be at the TTT at 10:00. If I'm not there, then I'll see you guys at camp. :p

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Depends on your route. If you are heading to Middlemarch Road and the Dragoons for the night, then east to Chiricahuas the next day, no. Benson will be your last dependable gas...

HTH,
Have fun!

safari.gif

seth_js

Explorer
DaktariEd said:
Depends on your route. If you are heading to Middlemarch Road and the Dragoons for the night, then east to Chiricahuas the next day, no. Benson will be your last dependable gas...

HTH,
Have fun!

safari.gif

I was thinking about on my way back on Sunday. Up the 186 to the 10. Not sure how much driving around we plan on doing on Saturday, but just wanna make sure I have somewhere to fill up on the way home.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
seth_js said:
I may be there. If I'm not there, then I may be at the TTT at 10:00. If I'm not there, then I'll see you guys at camp. :p

The TTT at 10a.m. is out. Brad and I have meeting at 9a.m. at Eclectic. After that we're hittin the road. Do you need us to wait for you ??

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
You guys are going to have a blast... I used to have drinks with the owner of the Eclectic... memories!!!

Anyway you guys are going to have some amazing photographers on this trip so be sure and take lots of pics... I'll be waiting!

:coffeedrink:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I am soooo ready for this trip! :wings: Well, actualy I'm not ready yet. I took today off so I can shop and packup. I will be ready though. Should be a great trip. :punk03:

seth_js

Explorer
MaddBaggins said:
The TTT at 10a.m. is out. Brad and I have meeting at 9a.m. at Eclectic. After that we're hittin the road. Do you need us to wait for you ??

If I'm not at Eclectic before you guys leave, no need to wait for me. I'm not quite sure yet what my plans are for Friday yet.

Signcutter21

Adventurer
Just to add about the gas. If heading to Middle March Road and SR80, a few miles south of the intersection is Tombstone. They have a Circle K there. Also there is a gas station in St. David that has gas too.

On the way back north, 186 runs into Wilcox and there are plenty of gas places there on the way to I-10. The only "difficult" spot will be if you head over through the Chirichuas to SR 80 EAST at the AZ/ NM border. The one gas station/ truck stop in Road Forks, NM closed last year.

later, mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333