I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I hated the 3 sets I have. 2 sets were due to needing a mildly aggressive set RFN, and that’s all that were available RFN. The last set came factory on my 22’ Tremor.

They wore extremely fast, loud after 50-60% tread, prone to blowouts. When new they were extremely floaty. Took 2000-2500 miles to get past that.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I hated the 3 sets I have. 2 sets were due to needing a mildly aggressive set RFN, and that’s all that were available RFN. The last set came factory on my 22’ Tremor.

They wore extremely fast, loud after 50-60% tread, prone to blowouts. When new they were extremely floaty. Took 2000-2500 miles to get past that.
I wonder if non factory installed would be better?
I've read that factory installed tires are different than what you'd buy from the manufacturer. Made cheaper for cost cutting, less tread depth for better mpg on EPA stickers, quieter ride on test drives etc. (This applies to all tires, not just duratracs) No clue if it's true.
Are the ones that come on SD Tremors load range E?

TexasSixSeven

Observer
I've read that factory installed tires are different than what you'd buy from the manufacturer. Made cheaper for cost cutting, less tread depth for better mpg on EPA stickers, quieter ride on test drives etc. (This applies to all tires, not just duratracs) No clue if it's true.
Yes they are load range E. I’ve seen plenty of cheaper made factory tires, so I understand what you’re saying. The problem is 2 out of the 3 sets I’ve owned were non factory equipped tires, and they were just as craptastic as the set that came on my Tremor. I swore them off after the second set I owned, and the only reason I had a 3rd set was because they came factory on my Tremor.

Hoov

as a former OEM design engineer in truck suspension for a major OEM, i can confirm that the OEMs work with tire companies to design a customized OE tire for the factory equipment on vehicles. Those tires are optimized for their particular application, and there are about 10-12 parameters they manipulate and tune. Its typically visualized using a spider chart (you can google it), with the following parameters:
1. Noise
2. Rolling resistance
3. Snow
4. Wear
5. Wet braking
6. Dry braking
7. Wet Autocross
8. Wet Handling
9. Dry Autocross
10. Max Handling
11. Dry Handling
the tires that meet the OE specs are shipped to the plants, and can be sorted/match mounted etc to make the vehicle its absolute best, and reduce warranty. The tires that don't meet those requirements go to the resellers and on down the line. The cheaper the tire reseller, the wider the variation from the OE specification.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Sooooo @Tex68w now that you got your Tremor, when are you getting your new Adventure bikes?

I recall it was going to be a GS1300 and what else? C'monnnn doooo it.....

View attachment 797054

Actually.....lol. Nah, I am considering picking up a used Triumph to bump around town on though. I am about to start another build/restoration in the coming months but it's not off-road or two wheel focused.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Actually.....lol. Nah, I am considering picking up a used Triumph to bump around town on though. I am about to start another build/restoration in the coming months but it's not off-road or two wheel focused.
What are you thinking? Like an old Bonneville or a Tiger? Sport triple?

Oh.... Interesting.... What's the build / restoration?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
What are you thinking? Like an old Bonneville or a Tiger? Sport triple?

Oh.... Interesting.... What's the build / restoration?

The Thruxton or Scrambler. I had two of the 900 efi Bonnie variants new in the past, super simple bikes for tooting around on. I am actually considering a 2007 carb model this time, just an easy, reliable cash bike but we shall see.

The resto will be a diesel, that's all I have to say about that.

Kingsize24

Hmmm...... interesting.... what could it be?

View attachment 797246

I know the answer!!!

ssh-shh.gif

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The Thruxton or Scrambler. I had two of the 900 efi Bonnie variants new in the past, super simple bikes for tooting around on. I am actually considering a 2007 carb model this time, just an easy, reliable cash bike but we shall see.

The resto will be a diesel, that's all I have to say about that.

Hmmm...... interesting.... what could it be?

View attachment 797246

I know the answer!!!

ssh-shh.gif
So when do the rest of us get to find out? Will there be a build thread here?

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner