I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

TexasSixSeven

Observer
2500 miles in and I am averaging 18.3 mpg in town and 22.1 mpg on the highway.

Honestly this is making me consider ordering a 24 6.7 350 Tremor. I was done with diesel when I bought my 22’ 7.3 Tremor. However the mileage those HOs are getting is seriously impressive. Id end up on 37s with a Carli Pin Top most likely. I’m just second guessing if I want to start the build all over when I’ve still got a basically brand new truck almost built out.

phsycle

Adventurer
Honestly this is making me consider ordering a 24 6.7 350 Tremor. I was done with diesel when I bought my 22’ 7.3 Tremor. However the mileage those HOs are getting is seriously impressive. Id end up on 37s with a Carli Pin Top most likely. I’m just second guessing if I want to start the build all over when I’ve still got a basically brand new truck almost built out.

Wouldn’t it be just a straight swap over for most, if not, all of the parts?

Tex68w

Beach Bum

What is it about your '22 that you don't like? The motor is a nice upgrade and the interior is definitely an aesthetic and user/ergo improvement from the prior years not to mention the seats are more comfortable. That said, it's not worlds different so I am just curious what is about your current truck that you're looking to improve upon in order to justify taking the hit on your '22.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
What is it about your '22 that you don't like? The motor is a nice upgrade and the interior is definitely an aesthetic and user/ergo improvement from the prior years not to mention the seats are more comfortable. That said, it's not worlds different so I am just curious what is about your current truck that you're looking to improve upon in order to justify taking the hit on your '22.
I love my 22’. That HO is just enticing me. My tuned 17 F350 on 37s only got 1-2 mpg better than my current 7.3 on 305/70s. Once I no longer had a need for the diesel I decided to order the 7.3, as it met all of my needs and the mileage was only slightly worse. My only complaint with my 7.3 is the fuel range. I came from a 48 gal tank on my long bed getting 15-16 mpg to a 34 gallon tank getting 14. I’m on a Carli BackCountry 2.5 inch suspension, and could easily clear 37s. However I stuck with the 305s simply because they affect the 7.3 less than 37s would both in fuel efficiency and acceleration. I know how much of a hit my 6.7 took, and it was a very noticeable loss of power even running a hot tune. No way I’d sacrifice that with the 7.3. I’ve considered the Transferflow tank, but it’s just priced out of reality. At $2K I’m a buyer. At $3500+ I’ll spend the extra $15K and buy a new truck lol my mind isn’t right

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I love my 22’. That HO is just enticing me. My tuned 17 F350 on 37s only got 1-2 mpg better than my current 7.3 on 305/70s. Once I no longer had a need for the diesel I decided to order the 7.3, as it met all of my needs and the mileage was only slightly worse. My only complaint with my 7.3 is the fuel range. I came from a 48 gal tank on my long bed getting 15-16 mpg to a 34 gallon tank getting 14. I’m on a Carli BackCountry 2.5 inch suspension, and could easily clear 37s. However I stuck with the 305s simply because they affect the 7.3 less than 37s would both in fuel efficiency and acceleration. I know how much of a hit my 6.7 took, and it was a very noticeable loss of power even running a hot tune. No way I’d sacrifice that with the 7.3. I’ve considered the Transferflow tank, but it’s just priced out of reality. At $2K I’m a buyer. At $3500+ I’ll spend the extra $15K and buy a new truck lol my mind isn’t right

It's a shame the gassers don't have better transfer and aux tank options. I can put a 60gal tank in my bed for under $2K and it would fit under a bed cover too haha. If I were towing heavy often and far I'd go that route but 34gal at 20+ mpg is more than enough range for me at the moment. The 7.3L Godzilla is a nice idea on paper but in reality many guys have issues with them and the fuel range/economy isn't stellar, not that one should expect it to be.

TexasSixSeven

Observer
It's a shame the gassers don't have better transfer and aux tank options. I can put a 60gal tank in my bed for under $2K and it would fit under a bed cover too haha. If I were towing heavy often and far I'd go that route but 34gal at 20+ mpg is more than enough range for me at the moment. The 7.3L Godzilla is a nice idea on paper but in reality many guys have issues with them and the fuel range/economy isn't stellar, not that one should expect it to be.
I’m not upset at all about 14 mpg. It’s the range that I’m annoyed with. Really it’s my only complaint. I was concerned whether I’d like the engine or not, but I’m very satisfied with it. I’d be happy with a long bed 7.3 for sure, however my incoming camper isn’t built for a long bed and would have to start all over on the drawing board there.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I’m not upset at all about 14 mpg. It’s the range that I’m annoyed with. Really it’s my only complaint. I was concerned whether I’d like the engine or not, but I’m very satisfied with it. I’d be happy with a long bed 7.3 for sure, however my incoming camper isn’t built for a long bed and would have to start all over on the drawing board there.

Which camper? When you ordered it you had a short bed still?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Built Right rear seat pull installed. Now I have quick access to shipping blankets and an emergency jacket.

AcGvVsN.jpg

bOFg8vW.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Built Right rear seat pull installed. Now I have quick access to shipping blankets and an emergency jacket.

AcGvVsN.jpg

bOFg8vW.jpg
Huh. I should look up and see if that would work on my F150. Kinda seemed like wasted space back there.
This is a neat solution for easy access.
Have you had the Tremor out for any off pavement exploring yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner