I'm back in a Jeep, a JKU

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill, I have a set of new '12 JKUR springs and shocks I'll give to you if you pay the shipping.
Thanks ---- but I have the same springs....
I got the tow package and it comes with the heaviest set.
If they sag over time, Rock Krawler makes a +1.5" heavy load spring.
I think I'll be good though. I'm going to take out the back seat and use mostly plastic action-packer type things in the JK. Dragging the trailer will slow me down but I don't do "trails" with the trailer, just fs roads.

I still can't make up my mind how to do the dog perch and shelves. I like the AT stage 2 boxes alot but they're not exactly what I have in my head.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
To keep stuff in the back, and not in your lap, have a look at the dirty dog barricades. My wife's aunts boyfriend (ha ha) has one in his JK, Its an awesome piece. I have two on order, one for when the back seats are up, and the other for when it's just me and the wife on road trips. Great piece of kit.

lax71vcu

Adventurer
PSI on Coopers?

Hey Hilldweller what PSI are you running on your Cooper ST/ Maxx's? did you reset your cpu for the tire? I haven't and have had no problems... Not sure what you had done.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey Hilldweller what PSI are you running on your Cooper ST/ Maxx's? did you reset your cpu for the tire? I haven't and have had no problems... Not sure what you had done.
I'm running 34 psi at the moment and they wander just a bit. The outside temps have been ranging wildly so I haven't started to experiment.

The back seat came out yesterday and I started to build a doggy platform. I've changed the design 4 times so far.
I can't forge ahead too much. The driver's seat height adjust mechanism is buggered and they're going to replace it. I can't build a platform that will get in their way...
7 pin wiring and brake controller next Saturday, finish the dog shelf on Sunday (I hope). Then I'm ready to camp.

BTW, it's not the easiest seat to unbolt with hand tools.

fjatl

Adventurer
Glad to see you back in a Jeep! Def subscribing to this and looking forward to watching what you do to it!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
30 psi should do it bill. I'm running that in my 265. Measure the same diameter. But a little wider.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
And so it begins.....again - is that a faint hint of citrus in the air?
You, as a Land Rover owner, should be sympathetic... :ylsmoke:
The USB port didn't work at first also; they repaired that yesterday.

The dog perch is built and installed. Made it from left-over stuff in the garage --- only had to buy one board. So my project cost me $2.06 with tax.

The Jeep with the seat out, the old mat from my other JK in back, and some rubber diamond-plate stuff in front:
004_zps338d8ef8.jpg

The perch installed:
005_zps75f57c23.jpg

008_zps4aa6bc73.jpg

Wundermutt and Mirtes approving:
011_zps224eeb7f.jpg

013_zps579843ad.jpg

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
and use mostly plastic action-packer type things.

If you're researching plastic bins, you might check out the line called Really Useful Boxes. That's what we use in our trailer. Bought them at Office Depot.

Lots of different sizes, solidly stackable, upright sides to maximize usable space, and clear plastic makes it easy to see the contents.

Are you researching headlights yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If you're researching plastic bins, you might check out the line called Really Useful Boxes. That's what we use in our trailer. Bought them at Office Depot.

Lots of different sizes, solidly stackable, upright sides to maximize usable space, and clear plastic makes it easy to see the contents.

Are you researching headlights yet?
Thanks, Rob ---- I have lots of old bins but they're all in a sorry state. Might be time to refresh them.
A shelf or basket of some sort will go in the back and mate with the dog shelf. Haven't decided on what yet ---- a solid Tuffy or Bestop shelf would provide a locked area but a basket would be lighter and the sub-woofer would work better...

Both of my contacts are gone in the LED world. I emailed Mr Speaker himself at JW Speaker on Friday. That's what I'd like to run, a pair of #8700s in the headlights and their direct drop-ins for foglights. Then I think I'd mount a set of HID offroad lights and declare victory.
But we'll see. Trucklites could happen too. 4WheelParts has their uber-sale this Saturday.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Take a look at the KC #851 PolyMax HID - nice light for the price. It's a driving pattern - wide and flat with a decent center for longer range. We run two on the Jeep, four on the truck.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've got a set of HID lights in my spare parts bin at home already. I tinted the lens to selective yellow ---- used to use them before I went all LED crazy.

I heard back from Mr Speaker at JWS. I'll likely be using their products ---- they're pretty-much the best anyhow.
The style takes a little getting used to but the light is great and you never need to change a bulb again. Gotta love it.

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
I've got a set of HID lights in my spare parts bin at home already. I tinted the lens to selective yellow ---- used to use them before I went all LED crazy.

I heard back from Mr Speaker at JWS. I'll likely be using their products ---- they're pretty-much the best anyhow.
The style takes a little getting used to but the light is great and you never need to change a bulb again. Gotta love it.

Yeah, based on what I've read, the JWS 8700/6145 combo is the way I'm leaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk