I'm back in a Jeep, a JKU

lax71vcu

Adventurer
ST Maxx's

I have these and also love them! I got 101,000 miles out of my stock KM's (5 tire rotation) and these ride SO much smoother. They were also significantly cheaper then the KM2's in the 255 80 17 variant. As Hill stated 32.8 is the listed height and mounted I measured them at just below 32.8 I would say maybe a 16th below 32.75
Best part is because of the strong side wall when I aired down I maintained more clearance because the sidewall didn't bulge. As I had read in a previous article (here I believe) when airing down the sidewall bulge doesn't help it is the lengthening of the tread that does the trick.

kb7our

Explorer
I have these and also love them! I got 101,000 miles out of my stock KM's (5 tire rotation) and these ride SO much smoother. They were also significantly cheaper then the KM2's in the 255 80 17 variant. As Hill stated 32.8 is the listed height and mounted I measured them at just below 32.8 I would say maybe a 16th below 32.75
Best part is because of the strong side wall when I aired down I maintained more clearance because the sidewall didn't bulge. As I had read in a previous article (here I believe) when airing down the sidewall bulge doesn't help it is the lengthening of the tread that does the trick.

Appreciate the info - Wade

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Welcome to the sickness bill. Beautiful jeep.

Are you going with a rally lights harness? The stock headlights are sad.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Welcome to the sickness bill. Beautiful jeep.

Are you going with a rally lights harness? The stock headlights are sad.
I have the Speaker dongle; it works fine for now.
I can t-tap it on the delivery side of highbeam if I need a trip for driving lights.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
No need for the harness with LED lighting. works fine with just the adapter harness. Bill Did you get an anti flicker kit from JW? I installed the tl version on mine and it works great. They have a jeep just like yours at the dealer now. Actually so tempting as I would love to have the extra power.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'm using the JW adapter. I actually helped Trucklite develop their adapter.
There would be other reasons to use a full SMS harness that are a bit technical but I don't think I'll be doing it. Yet...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Right on. Whatever is in tl's anti flicker it works. except for daytime running lights in Canada. mine is a disco machine running them, but funny, only when its cold.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I just emailed Jason about the flicker but he's out of the office 'til next week.
I've used them in rain/fog 4 days in a row.

emkay

Observer
may I ask whats in those flicker modules as a lot blame them for being lame when switching on/off brights?

Sent via my bongo drums...

kb7our

Explorer

Thanks again for the tire info. This is one sweet piece of rubber. My measurement mounted up comes in ~32" where the OEM KMs were ~31". This is at ~36 PSI which is probably way too high anyway. Front and rear diff clearance bumped up ~.5" to 10". Will be adjusting pressure when I have time to play with tread patterns and chalk.

Coopers.JPG

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I built a rear shelf today. Sliding-track tie-downs on the sides and back and 4 hefty eye-bolts forward. Indoor/outdoor carpet.
More stuff from the garage; just had to buy the eye-bolts.
Total price today under $5.

004_zps60b34282.jpg

fjatl

Adventurer
I built a rear shelf today. Sliding-track tie-downs on the sides and back and 4 hefty eye-bolts forward. Indoor/outdoor carpet.
More stuff from the garage; just had to buy the eye-bolts.
Total price today under $5.

004_zps60b34282.jpg

I like the sliding-track tie-downs, great idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal