Imperial Outdoors Xplore XR22

TGK

Time to get this thread going again or start a new one? Check out the new Xplore X195 just posted on their website. There are some great new double axle trailers coming out in 2023. Now we finally have choices on what we will be buying next.
https://imperial-outdoors.com/x195/
I see they are referencing two new models on their website. A X145 & the X195 you mention. They show some but not all of the specs and no interior photos at this point. Regarding your comment about seeing some new double axle trailers coming out in 2023, are you also referring to other brands besides these new Imperial offerings? If so, what are those?

Treefarmer

I see they are referencing two new models on their website. A X145 & the X195 you mention. They show some but not all of the specs and no interior photos at this point. Regarding your comment about seeing some new double axle trailers coming out in 2023, are you also referring to other brands besides these new Imperial offerings? If so, what are those?
For those of us looking for the larger trailers, we're finally starting to get some options. I'm talking about new trailers coming out with four wheel independent suspensions, which I sometimes lazily refer to as double axles. Black Series was first to market here in the US with the larger four wheel independent suspensions, and Ember rolled out its four wheelers with the Curt independent suspension just this year. NoBo will be rolling out its four wheelers with the same Curt suspension for 2023 (the so called Beast Mode). Ember and NoBo are the the more "value priced" end of the market. On the higher end we're seeing the Xplore X22 and RKS Motive currently available (not technically independent suspensions, but built to tolerate off road). Coming very soon on the higher end will be the new Xplore X195 and the Roamer1 from RVs of America. Dweller also has a four wheeler as does Conqueror (but it doesn't look like we're getting the four wheel Conqueror in the US until maybe next year). Kingdom Camping and High Altitude Trailers are also looking at developing four wheel versions in 2023/24. I'm probably missing a few, but you see what I mean. Back in 2019, all we had to look at in the category was the Black Series. Four years later, when we finally get our new trailer in late 2023 or so, there will be a half dozen new choices. The only downside: being sure the QC is where it needs to be on all these new models rolling out.

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
For those of us looking for the larger trailers, we're finally starting to get some options. I'm talking about new trailers coming out with four wheel independent suspensions, which I sometimes lazily refer to as double axles. Black Series was first to market here in the US with the larger four wheel independent suspensions, and Ember rolled out its four wheelers with the Curt independent suspension just this year. NoBo will be rolling out its four wheelers with the same Curt suspension for 2023 (the so called Beast Mode). Ember and NoBo are the the more "value priced" end of the market. On the higher end we're seeing the Xplore X22 and RKS Motive currently available (not technically independent suspensions, but built to tolerate off road). Coming very soon on the higher end will be the new Xplore X195 and the Roamer1 from RVs of America. Dweller also has a four wheeler as does Conqueror (but it doesn't look like we're getting the four wheel Conqueror in the US until maybe next year). Kingdom Camping and High Altitude Trailers are also looking at developing four wheel versions in 2023/24. I'm probably missing a few, but you see what I mean. Back in 2019, all we had to look at in the category was the Black Series. Four years later, when we finally get our new trailer in late 2023 or so, there will be a half dozen new choices. The only downside: being sure the QC is where it needs to be on all these new models rolling out.

Great post. Its all true. The landscape for off road trailers is turning into something similar to the computer industry. Constant change, constant improvements, more competition. All good things for people who have wanted viable off road trailer options in the USA. There are amazing things coming to the USA. Buckle up. Take a look at the UEV25, and tell me what you think? (hint hint).

ROA-OFFROAD

The x145 will be at the overland expo in colorado this week. We will likely take a video and post it online. Along with our new Roamer X. Roamer 1 should be done in september and we will post a video as soon as its completed. Exciting times!

rehammer81

The x145 will be at the overland expo in colorado this week. We will likely take a video and post it online. Along with our new Roamer X. Roamer 1 should be done in september and we will post a video as soon as its completed. Exciting times!
What is this Roamer X you speak of? I'm aware of the Roamer 1 and the new X145 and X195.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ROA-OFFROAD

What is this Roamer X you speak of? I'm aware of the Roamer 1 and the new X145 and X195.

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

We have been working on this all day every day to have this ready for this show this week. Very excited about this unit. More details will be released soon. 4 season trailer. Single piece of molded fiberglass (very unique). Indoor/outdoor kitchen. 4000lbs. Sleeps 4 adults.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Treefarmer

Great post. Its all true. The landscape for off road trailers is turning into something similar to the computer industry. Constant change, constant improvements, more competition. All good things for people who have wanted viable off road trailer options in the USA. There are amazing things coming to the USA. Buckle up. Take a look at the UEV25, and tell me what you think? (hint hint).
The four wheel Conqueror I noted above is the UEV25. I've only seen it online with no mention of when it will be available in the US. It's automatically disqualified for us because it's a pop-up roof with the odd manual side pop out. Those just don't make sense to us in the larger, four wheel, four season full time living segment, but it will probably be popular with other people (especially the two or three season only users).

ROA-OFFROAD

The four wheel Conqueror I noted above is the UEV25. I've only seen it online with no mention of when it will be available in the US. It's automatically disqualified for us because it's a pop-up roof with the odd manual side pop out. Those just don't make sense to us in the larger, four wheel, four season full time living segment, but it will probably be popular with other people (especially the two or three season only users).

Its going to have some differences and likely it wont have a pop top. But Its for sure going to be 3 seasons. There are just not many 4 season trailers. Right now, in the off road world there is imperial outdoors and High altitude. Outside of that not many viable big off road trailers that are 4 season. But the good news is that they have some great trailers that have both been released.

Also, first pictures of the Roamer 1 on ROA website from CO Expo:

So many great looking campers coming out this year! Anyone have any idea the price point on the Roamers? Roamer X looks like a good size for me. Wish it had a couple more windows though

Treefarmer

So many great looking campers coming out this year! Anyone have any idea the price point on the Roamers? Roamer X looks like a good size for me. Wish it had a couple more windows though
That's funny. We're always wondering why they put in so many windows! Based on the renderings and initial prototypes of these new ROA/IO trailers, they seem to have just what they need in the window department. The pricing is really squishy at this point. I read on another posting that the Xplore X145 was coming in at $125k. That seems high to me considering the larger Roamer1 is supposed to be about $120k to $130k depending on options. The Xplore X195 is larger than the X145 and is supposed to be less expensive than the Roamer1. We really don't know much right now.

TGK

That's funny. We're always wondering why they put in so many windows! Based on the renderings and initial prototypes of these new ROA/IO trailers, they seem to have just what they need in the window department. The pricing is really squishy at this point. I read on another posting that the Xplore X145 was coming in at $125k. That seems high to me considering the larger Roamer1 is supposed to be about $120k to $130k depending on options. The Xplore X195 is larger than the X145 and is supposed to be less expensive than the Roamer1. We really don't know much right now.
I prefer an ample quantity of windows for natural light, being able to see outside if the weather is nasty and one has to ride it out inside and, lastly, ventilation. If there's a good breeze and not scorching hot, I have no interest in having to rely on fans and or AC, which suck power.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

If the 145 is 125k that puts the 195 at 135K. Then of course what started the price gouging is the Roamer 1 get ready for my project msrp of 145-150k.

DFNDER

The 195 is up as $155K and it appears the Roamer1 is now just the same thing as the 195. The Roamerx is $110K. These just priced themselves out of the market for me. There really aren’t enough point to point overlanding routes in the US to need this level of investment in a trailer. I’ll just buy a basecamp x and do soft roads and leave it at camp if I want to go crazy. These prices are verging on the absurd now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven