InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
Has anyone found a rooftop air solution to use while driving? I'm in the southeast and it's a must. I'd rather buy a cargo and do my own layout but never see them with rear air.

I've looked but haven't seen much.

Mine is definitely become more useful at each level of insulation.

Where did you get the windows from? I tried to find a distributor with not much luck.(other than just a list of RV shops around the country to call.)

I can pretty much get anything available in UK, since I am the US distributor for Propex. :)
They got me shop price and will be sending them over with my next shipment of heaters.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Waiting on parts sucks:coffeedrink:

Not like I don't have plenty to do.

It's always a good idea to test your gear before traveling with it. So today is "test the wine glasses " part of the build:sombrero:(delay of game due to rain)

14787310817_54921edf7a_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
FINALLY! The Seat swivels arrived! These damn things have been out of stock everywhere!

Seat swivels are one of those things that really make use of a van vs. a truck with a camper on it. These will give us basically a whole room up front.

Here is the finished product.

15001131841_267775b49d_b.jpg

Of course, installing seat swivels should just be a matter of unbolting a seat, slip in a swivel, bolt them all back together right? HA!:sombrero:

First off the instructions were in German only. (Maybe all instructions are in German only? This may be the first set I've ever actually looked at) Thankfully there were no pictures to figure out where the two extra nuts go!

For some crazy reason my van did not have a handle to make the passenger seat slide. This is a critical item for A) removing the passenger seat to install the swivel and B) to use the Swivel.

So of course I had to fab up a slide handle for the passenger seat first.

Nothing fancy here. Just needs to be functional. But of course this meant that my simple "bolt in swivels" now required cutting and welding stuff. :coffeedrink:

15001143971_9359d76afc_b.jpg

14817719207_a9df03d25f_b.jpg

The swivels left an awkward gap at the front of the seat bases. So......remember that nice little carpeted piece I made for under the drivers seat a few posts back? Well, its not needed anymore and got cut into a few pieces to fill in this gap.

15003867942_37e584dbff_b.jpg

15001141511_73862280ac_b.jpg

14817633828_1d4a333287_b.jpg

Of course the swivels don't clear the factory cubby on the side of the seat. Originally I was going to just take it off and lower it, but its installed with an insane rivet that my drill won't reach. So I trimmed about 1MM off the top of it.

14817721047_bfc9960ab7_b.jpg

Finished product again. They sit pretty high now so I may need to cut the bases down or find the lower stock ones somewhere. Will just have to see how they work.

Now I can work on a table for in between the seats and of course finishing the rest of the van.

15003859022_387584ee0e_b.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Yeah, probably. I've got a bunch of it left.

Still have some key elements to build. Cabinet for kitchen area, front cubby above driver and passenger, ladder outside, food down bunks, etc.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Pictures don't really do these justice. My buddy Jonathan helped me build Maple shelf bottoms last night. More to come!!:wings:

14858394987_f6007b5500_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys! :sombrero:

I've built a lot of projects in the past and have been amazed at how much work this van is actually taking. I can see why some of the conversions are priced the way they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven