InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
you need to find some screen material for the windows also

I just camp where there are no bugs:sombrero:

I've got full screens for the Eurovan and we have never used them. I know that if we travel more with the Sprinter we may need them, but here in Colorado bugs really aren't an issue.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I wasn't overly ambitious on this Monday night. Honestly just not in the mood to whip out all the tools and clear the garage of cars to do a bunch of work.

Since I already had the panel cut, I finished the last rear interior panel. So now the entire rear walls are insulated and paneled. Need to work on the slider doors next and then the roof and cabinets. I also shortened the front two cabinets 6" to make getting in/out easier without banging your head. :coffeedrink:

Sometimes its best to sneak in a few tiny details even while doing the big stuff. Took some of the scrap pieces of carpet from the rear panels and covered some of the misc indents and covers in the front to tie the front and the rear of the van together better. Also turns some of the hard surfaces into soft surfaces. Which ultimately will keep the tin can noise down and make the van more cozy.

The back of the seat pedestals in front. (Ignore the dirt, I will do a full detailing when construction is over)

14772842415_aae2f8787d_b_d.jpg

14586132100_ac50e915b9_b_d.jpg

Both front seats have an access panel. The drivers side has a bunch of ugly warning labels on it and fuses behind it.

14772500762_b037e8835f_b_d.jpg

14586130110_bd5d4bc3c6_b_d.jpg

14586192878_3638ceb6ba_b_d.jpg

This little cubby has a plastic/rubber mat that was worn smooth and constantly falling out. So I replaced it with matching carpet since this is usually the spot for a cell phone.

14772498542_6af9639bd7_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Today I did more of the same. Insulated both sliders and covered the plastic panels with the same grey carpet I've been using for everything else. Which was kinda nice to have all of the beat up plastic cargo van panels gone. (Or recycled into something nicer but still functional) This should be a good turning point of comfort inside the van.

Only thing left below head lever to insulate is the front doors.

14780934155_abc6f11993_b_d.jpg

14780583472_6acc56b276_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
All work and no play is no way to build a family adventure van! So we took the van in its unfinished state out for some fun this weekend. Using the van is also the best way to figure out what it needs next!

The nearly fully insulated van made was much more pleasant to drive and sleep in this trip! Though, I may remove some of the recent work and consider some windows for the back. It would have been really nice to lay in bed and see the views.

We went down some fairly nasty washed out roads this weekend. The 80/20 kept the van dead silent. Only my temp table made noise. It was also great to have the larger more aggressive tires on the van!

14824275715_0bdaedfb7a_b_d.jpg

Buena Vista, Co for coffee!

14633415828_7591d8e57b_b_d.jpg

Salida for dinner. Hung out by the river most of the time so everyone could play in the water.

14834774963_37411088d7_b_d.jpg

St. Elmo Ghost town!

14639776630_3a9e2ea473_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Jb1rd

Explorer
If I knew you were going to that neck of the woods I would have told you to stop in and see my good friend Jenna and her amazing Yoga studio in BV, it is quite an amazing little community they are building there now with the whole South Main project. BV and Salida are two of my absolute favorite places. Can't wait, T-minus 11 days and counting for the trip home.:sombrero:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I've become more and more of a fan of that area.

Let me know when you get here!

Cole

Expedition Leader
Just found these on craigslist for $50.

Seemed like they would be worth a try since the nice full size aftermarket windows would cost about $1,000 for 2 of them to my door. If for some reason I don't end up liking these I can still add the big windows in the factory cut out later.

14661129330_3311bd65b2_b_d.jpg

OutsideVan has used similar windows in their conversions. Like this $189,000 one!

cozy01.jpg

Or this $280,000 one!

(So my $50 windows should look fine:coffeedrink:)

brown-pow01.jpg

I'm ordering 4 Seitz windows for mine along with a Heki Midi rooflight. :D
I guess at some point I need to start my own build thread, but so many starts and stops.
Sad that an expensive van like Outside doesn't have better windows.
Yours is coming along well!

Cole

Expedition Leader
I'm ordering 4 Seitz windows for mine along with a Heki Midi rooflight. :D
I guess at some point I need to start my own build thread, but so many starts and stops.
Sad that an expensive van like Outside doesn't have better windows.
Yours is coming along well!

Where did you get the windows from? I tried to find a distributor with not much luck.(other than just a list of RV shops around the country to call.)

draaronr

Adventurer
Has anyone found a rooftop air solution to use while driving? I'm in the southeast and it's a must. I'd rather buy a cargo and do my own layout but never see them with rear air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven