Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Since we're on the subject, when do you expect to have wind screens available? Will they be an extra cost or included in the stove and slide package? (Since I already jumped in with both feet on that purchase.) :chef:

The screen is going to be in the $100.00 region. To get it to fit you are going to need to shorten the grill cross bars so that the screen will slip in between the grill and the inside edge of the case. I am placing an order for the first batch of screen next Monday.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Can anyone tell me where to find this tailgate table/cutting board?

Nice%20tailgate%20cutting%20board.jpg

Nice%20tailgate%20cutting%20board%20extended.jpg

DK

AT sells the fold down rear table, as a unique touch we add a bamboo cutting board.
Cost: $325.00

Jorsn

Adventurer
Couple of questions....

1. Would it be possible to mount Rotopax 3 gallon gasoline packs in the rear windows?
http://www.rotopax.com/3-Gallon-Gasoline.html
http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product_p/roe-jk-wr.htm

2. Is it possible to mount an Oz Tent FoxWing on the drivers side of the hard top?
http://au.oztent.com/products/viewProduct.asp?productid=166

3. Can you mount some small LED lights on the top of the hard top that would light up the hood area while the hard top is opened?
2011-04-02_11-01-15_490.jpg

Like a few inches past the poles that mount to the front bumper. Then have a switch somewhere in the cab that you can turn it off/on. I think it would be a nice feature to have... Sometimes you have random people coming up to you, or critters around your campsite.

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
Couple of questions....

1. Would it be possible to mount Rotopax 3 gallon gasoline packs in the rear windows?
http://www.rotopax.com/3-Gallon-Gasoline.html
http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product_p/roe-jk-wr.htm

2. Is it possible to mount an Oz Tent FoxWing on the drivers side of the hard top?
http://au.oztent.com/products/viewProduct.asp?productid=166

3. Can you mount some small LED lights on the top of the hard top that would light up the hood area while the hard top is opened?
2011-04-02_11-01-15_490.jpg

Like a few inches past the poles that mount to the front bumper. Then have a switch somewhere in the cab that you can turn it off/on. I think it would be a nice feature to have... Sometimes you have random people coming up to you, or critters around your campsite.

1 is my tentative plan once I have the actual shell mounted. 2 for me will probably be AT's version of a zip on awning for the side and back, probably a ton lighter and easier to set up than a Foxwing - just a guess. 3 seems easy enough as a DIY project if AT does not do it. Could also possibly use the key fob unlock and that will pop the lights on or if you have off road lights extend the switch for easy access from atop. Just a couple of additional thoughts.

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Propane

The heater install opened up a whole new can of worms. My first thought was to get the bigger heater that HeatSource made. Then I looked at fuel consumption. So the smaller heater that AT sells will do just fine. But even then for an extended stay, with cooking one would need a fair amount of propane. So I bought all three of these cans to figure it out.

Propane%252520Tanks.jpg

Left is the standard 20lb can we all have for our big BBQ Grills. The right one is the 5lb bottle that AT shows mounted to the roll bar. In the middle is an 11 lb bottle I found. The 10 lb "pancake" is way to wide to mount anywhere. But the 11 lb is about the same diameter as the 5 lb, just taller. The 5 lb is just to small if you are going to run the heater and cook.
So the big bottles. Here's some pictures of why the 20 lb will NOT work, at least for me.

20%252520lb%252520on%252520roll%252520bar.jpg

20%252520lb%252520on%252520roll%252520bar%252520behind.jpg

It sticks out so far that it would hit the fridge.

20%252520lb%252520bumper%252520behind.jpg

It completely covers the right rear break light. Not gonna work.

more....

DingusKahn

Adventurer
11 lb propane bottle

Since the 20 lb is not going to work, lets look at the 11 lb.

11%252520lb%252520on%252520roll%252520bar.jpg

Fits just fine on the roll bar.

11%252520lb%252520on%252520roll%252520bar%252520behind.jpg

and it will clear the Fridge even allowing the lid to open without sliding it out.
I plan on using this location to carry a spare can, if needed.

The primary location is on the tire rack. I'll build a bracket.
11%252520lb%252520bumper.jpg

and
11%252520lb%252520bumper%252520behind%2525202.jpg

you can still see the brake light.

What I plan to do is mount the 11 lb bottle outside and plumb it to the heater and stove full time (if I can figure out how to make the hose slide in and out.) The regulator will be outside connected to the bottle and connect full time. Just open the valve and start heating/cooking. For daily driving I would disconnect the hose and take the bottle off. The roll bar would be for just carring a spare and only with a leak-proof cap screwed on.
OK guys and gals. Poke holes in my idea.... so I get it right the first time.

Dirk

You may want to do more research into the "leak proof cap" idea, as my experience with propane tanks is the valve assembly is designed to vent if the contents expands too much.... due to temperature increase.

So I don't think screwing a cap into the threads will stop the tank from venting if it needs to.

I believe this is why propane should always be stored outside.

I have seen the aftermath of a U-haul trailer that had a propane tank stored inside that vented..... the trailer chains hit the off-ramp on a ferry...... the uhaul trailer was no more. Luckily nobody was seriously hurt. Amazing explosion though.

Just want you to be safe.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
The heater install opened up a whole new can of worms. My first thought was to get the bigger heater that HeatSource made. Then I looked at fuel consumption. So the smaller heater that AT sells will do just fine. But even then for an extended stay, with cooking one would need a fair amount of propane. So I bought all three of these cans to figure it out.

Propane%252520Tanks.jpg

Where did you order the two smaller tanks?

DingusKahn

Adventurer
tank source

Where did you order the two smaller tanks?

The 5lb came from here. AT also sells this tank and a mount for it.

The 11 lb came from Amazon. It is a Worthington brand.
This is different from the Manchester tank in the post above. Mine is much thinner than the 20lb, whereas the Manchester 11lb is the same diameter as the 20lb, according to the table in the link.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3