JK Overland Project: Expeditions West 3.0

mtntrekker

Observer
Sub Woofer Removal

Did you remove the sub woofer to make room for the fridge and drawer? Did you totally remove or did you relocate somewhere in the JK? If relocated would be interested in what you did. thx

fxk142

Observer
What is the latest with my favorite vehicle? I need some more pics and updates on how all the equipment is working. This rig is what convinced me to buy my JKU Rubicon, in white of course :wings:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
The truck is happily performing flawlessly!
The long AT storage droor and the National Luna fridge have both proven to be very functional as well as the tie down points on top of the droor.

It still has the ARB roof rack on top but we have had the RTT off for about a month now for about two months now for a different project.

Brian

Marcie's Disco

Adventurer
The truck is happily performing flawlessly!

That's great! Thanks for the update Brian. How much longer are they letting it stay with the long term fleet? I hate to think it could meet its demise like so many Detroit concept vehicles of the past. The JK Overland was an icon the moment they unveiled it.
:safari-rig:

fxk142

Observer
Is the Overland JK still going strong?

Any issues or breakage? Any upgrades?

Question, did you have any problem with the Steel Mopar wheels when you ran them?

I just picked up a set and 1.5" spacers to go with some 35" BFG KM2s.

JPK

Explorer
I think there may be a new Overland JK in the Overland Journal fleet. At Easter Jeep Safari there was an AEV equipped JKU with Overland Journal badging (not too obvious though, unless you were up close.)

That JKU was the 2011 tan color with black top and fenders, had the soon to be released AEV roof rack which ties into the roll cage, black (i.e. standard) AEV front and rear bumpers, black standard AEV corner gaurds, a 5.7 VVT Hemi, AEV black Savegre wheels and I think the 4.5" lift and 37's. Really great looking Jeep!

I ahve an AEV JKU and we drove "Steel Bender with the AEV group, which included Scott driving the Overland Journal badged, AEV equipped JKU.

I'm sure I have a photo and will try to post it soon. Or see the thread in "On going Adventures" by Scott titled something like, "The Official Easter Jeep Thread" for photos.

Her's a link to Scott's thread and photos: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59851

JPK

Scott Brady

Founder
Fortunately no- it lives another day.

I will try to do an update soon. A couple big project we are in the midst of at the moment.

btz

Just out of curiosity, what wheel is on this truck now? I've seen some more recent photos with black ones.

Thanks.

... nevermind, assuming the AEV Savegre ...

Last edited:

toddz69

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, what wheel is on this truck now? I've seen some more recent photos with black ones.

Thanks.

... nevermind, assuming the AEV Savegre ...

Saw it parked yesterday at Lake Mary just south of Flagstaff and it had...gasp....car seats in the back. It appears much of the former gear I was used to seeing in the back has been removed. My buddy and I were on a car road trip and I quickly radio'd to turn around when I saw it. I didn't see anyone familiar on the shores of the lake so I'm not sure who had it there.

Todd Z.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven