Lets see pics of your storage solutions

jeepgeek

TJ storage

IMG_5571.jpgIMG_5569.JPGIMG_5573.jpgStandard TJ's don't have a lot of room behind the seats, but this layout works pretty well, trying to keep the COG as low as possible, so far so good.

SulVento

Wanderer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that looks really clean and nice.....any "close ups" ? Almost looks like you have the Swag Off Road Action Packer type mounts......but my old eyes can't quite tell....

BobA

Adventurer
I removed my rear bench and installed a single rear seat to free up storage room. Plans are to build a drawer and small rack on top to hold a cooler.
Then probably a mount for a 5gal water jug behind the seat if theres room. 002.JPG001.JPG

406to417

Explorer
This was my Tuffy box I had in my LJ. I loved it and I still have it sitting in the shop.

Tuffy001.jpg

Tuffy005.jpg

Tuffy004-1.jpg

Tuffy006.jpg

Now that I have sold the LJ and driving a JKU I am wondering if I would be better off with a bag. I usually have a lot of gear with me but the box takes up a ton of shop. I thought about going this route....

http://www.redoxx.com/Expedition-Duffel-Bags/Big-Oxx-Expedition-Series/91024-Big Oxx/140/Product

What are everyones thoughts?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I've got this trunk box in my LJ:

TrunkBox2.jpg

It's custom fit to the slope of the back seat to maximize the space inside the box:

TrunkBox3.jpg

TrunkBox4.jpg

86cj

Explorer
I've got this trunk box in my LJ:

TrunkBox2.jpg

It's custom fit to the slope of the back seat to maximize the space inside the box:

TrunkBox3.jpg

TrunkBox4.jpg

This LJ box is a great choice with a seat, this is a pretty big dust/rain proof box. The only downside is the soft top rear window has to open to get access, a non issue with a hardtop mounted. Most of my gear storage is in dust/rain proof boxes.

The 4 drawer Geneva toolbox will fit behind the seat on a LJ and opens under the soft top crossbar. It is very easy to use and a 54qt cooler fits next to it. Security is great, you have to open the tailgate then the toolbox. It was the start of my storage build back in 2004, I had it before the Jeep, it has many miles on it.
.http://www.genevaproducts.com/products/storage_drawers/storage_drawers.html

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This LJ box is a great choice, with a seat this is a pretty big dust/rain proof box. The only downside is the soft top rear window has to open to get access, a non issue with a hardtop mounted. Most of my gear storage is in dust/rain proof boxes.

True, if you've got a factory soft top rear window, you'd need to unzip it. But I've got a soft barn door with my soft top, so all I do is open the tailgate ;):

SoftbarnInstalled3.jpg

SoftbarnInstalled2.jpg

88Xj

Banned
Not sure if this thread is for a specific model of jeeps. But has anyone thought of storage in bumpers?
I'm starting to get ideas on bumpers and what not. And since I won't be running a winch at all, I was thinking, its really just wasted space!
I have 2x6 for my rockers on my Xj already, and plan to use the passenger side one as my air tank & the A/c compressor for OBA, just need to make sure the welds are tight & sealed up and it'll work wonders.

I was thinking maybe storing small stuff in the bumpers that doesn't really matter if it gets wet or not. Like some recovery gear? Maybe straps/ropes. Maybe even a quart of oil, brake fluid or the like?
My way of thinking is keep it simple, and use space effciently.

h20squirter

Supreme Allied Commander
Not sure if this thread is for a specific model of jeeps. But has anyone thought of storage in bumpers?
I'm starting to get ideas on bumpers and what not. And since I won't be running a winch at all, I was thinking, its really just wasted space!
I have 2x6 for my rockers on my Xj already, and plan to use the passenger side one as my air tank & the A/c compressor for OBA, just need to make sure the welds are tight & sealed up and it'll work wonders.

I was thinking maybe storing small stuff in the bumpers that doesn't really matter if it gets wet or not. Like some recovery gear? Maybe straps/ropes. Maybe even a quart of oil, brake fluid or the like?
My way of thinking is keep it simple, and use space effciently.

ARB has a version of one of their Jeep rear bumpers that has a couple gallons water storage in it, and I think XHD has end caps for their modular front bumper that have storage.

sent using my HTC EVO

88Xj

Banned
I actually really like that idea, sure you can't store much in the bumpers, but space is key when overlanding so every little bit helps!

Steve F

Adventurer
Here's mine, home made and includes a 50lt fridege on slider, dual head aircompressor behind the fridge with outlet at the front (you may just be able to see the anodised blue connector) and a 600W inverter mounted under the shelf. Some people dont like drawers but even though they take up a bit of space compared to boxes etc they are so convenient and allow such easy access to the back of the storage area. I wouldn;t go back to no drawer :)

IMG_0811.jpg

Loaded up for a 5 week trip, 3 duffel bags, one for each of us, 2x20lt water jerry cans behind the duffel bags strapped to the cargo barrier, all the food etc in the fridge or drawer, table, gas stove, washing up bowl (with washing up stuff in it) on the shelf. Tools and fluids in the section to the left of the drawer, accessible with the drawer open.

IMG_1165.jpg

When I was making it, drawer is now lined with carpet as well

IMG_5045.jpg

This table top fits under the drawer when travelling, it covers half the drawer so can be slide backwards and forwards to allow access to stuff in the drawer. Very handy for lunch stops as it gives me somewhere to unload the fridge contents to for making sandwiches etc.

IMG_0799.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal