Lets see some full size pictures...

Abntroop

Observer
Ha! You should! You don't know what you're missing LOL! On a side note, could you please turn up the lights and take another picture so the thread popo can verify that you are indeed posting a pic of a full size rig? :elkgrin:

98GP

Observer
IMG_3945_zpsfd810ed0.jpg

Just curious what's next to your Yukon. Homemade sandrail? VW rail buggy? Really big and cool homemade go-kart?

Just wondering...

It's funny how some of you think it is wrong for someone to point out that this is a fullsize thread and that who cares what someone post pics of. Well I can tell you 6 months ago it would have bugged me to no end if someone posted pics that wasn't related to topic because I was on dial up and took forever to load only to see what a pic of some dumbasses uhaul pic. Cannon fodder that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
If you were following this thread I discussed that I was going to put a uhaul box on my F350. Just posting up that I got a donor. I don't get e-tough on the internet but you should really think before you call someone a **************.

My appologizes it was the connon fodder remark.
If you were following this thread I discussed that I was going to put a uhaul box on my F350. Just posting up that I got a donor. I don't get e-tough on the internet but you should really think before you call someone a **************.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Tuned in to maybe find a glance of a Classic 68-72 Suburban or Blazer, but all I found was Pirate4x4.com. Good luck with that.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
It's funny how some of you think it is wrong for someone to point out that this is a fullsize thread and that who cares what someone post pics of. Well I can tell you 6 months ago it would have bugged me to no end if someone posted pics that wasn't related to topic because I was on dial up and took forever to load only to see what a pic of some dumbasses uhaul pic. Cannon fodder that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, we are all on the same page here and understand each other. I followed this thread for a long time and occasionally someone posts the wrong class of vehicle but we always get back on track. Keep in mind that in many cases postings are in the evening and some type of beverage is next to the keyboard...perhaps inflaming the discussion.
Some of us spent time in some ugly countries and some of us came back in one piece only to realize that you can't control everything and always impose your ways.
Cheers.

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Guys, we are all on the same page here and understand each other. I followed this thread for a long time and occasionally someone posts the wrong class of vehicle but we always get back on track. Keep in mind that in many cases postings are in the evening and some type of beverage is next to the keyboard...perhaps inflaming the discussion.
Some of us spent time in some ugly countries and some of us came back in one piece only to realize that you can't control everything and always impose your ways.
Cheers.

That being said, let's carry on, shall we?

cent frum a smaert fone

Kowboy

Adventurer
Meanwhile ... back to our regularly scheduled programmin' ...

Top of the World trail in Moab. This series of ledges was the first time I ever put all 3 of the Atlas levers into stupid low.

20140513_O_Top of the World Road.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Some of us spent time in some ugly countries and some of us came back in one piece only to realize that you can't control everything and always impose your ways.Cheers.

The lady at the VA keeps telling me that. I'm quite proud of myself that I haven't been one of those raising a stink... I can be an *** on other forums.
For the record, nothing stronger than a Canada Dry Ginger Ale is normally by my computer.

Joanne

Adventurer
So a few pages back I posted a photo of my truck torn apart to add the lift. Here's a photo of the truck from a few of weeks ago about 25 miles out of Tonopah, NV. Tony is checking to make certain that I'm not going to rip off the passenger side drop step. We had already gone up the ledge and explored for another 10 miles before turning around and heading back to camp. I was a bit surprised just how capable the long truck is. I don't want to sink a bunch of money into it but it does need some more maintenance. The exhaust system is bent up by the PO and the muffler is rusting through. One of the rear axle seals is leaking so I'll do both at the same time. Always something to do...

245c50w.jpg

I've heard the term "adventure truck" used on the forum and I think that is about the best description of the truck. Not an overlander nor a built 4X4, but a capable truck to take me to my next adventure. That's not always a good thing though. Less than an hour after this photo I was climbing down into a mine when the rope dislodged a rock about the size of a softball about 15 feet above me. It clipped me on the shoulder then again on my forearm before clatter down the shaft. It was everything I could do to climb the ladder back out. It's taken weeks to get my movement back. We always wear helmets but I didn't have shoulder pads on....

Joanne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater