Let's see your Series Land Rover

toyrover

Observer
My slightly modified 1969 IIA Frame. My brother is building it up for me, and he sent this progress picture today fresh from the sandblasters. You can see the bulkhead in the background. mOre pics to come
rover.jpg

jrose609

Explorer
My slightly modified 1969 IIA Frame. My brother is building it up for me, and he sent this progress picture today fresh from the sandblasters. You can see the bulkhead in the background. mOre pics to come
rover.jpg

Nice! Is that in Bend, OR? I went on a ride-along with my buddy Andy Homan, and we looked at a couple of rovers around the area. I remember the rock crawler over near the door. Looks like that '69 is gonna be a nice rig!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
My 1961 SII Carawagon (not originally a carawagon) and Alaskajosh's 1970 genuine Carawagon on a trip around Alaska last September. Both trucks are heavily modified from original. Also a pic of my dads 1957 S1 107 station wagon awaiting a full restoration.

DSC_1820.jpg

DSC_1936.jpg

CopyofDSC_2163.jpg

DSC_1765Medium.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: Just doesn't get better

toyrover

Observer
Nice! Is that in Bend, OR? I went on a ride-along with my buddy Andy Homan, and we looked at a couple of rovers around the area. I remember the rock crawler over near the door. Looks like that '69 is gonna be a nice rig!

Yup it is in bend. It has been a project that has taken a long time, and we have learned a lot to get to here. I will start up a build up thread. cheers ian

SCRover

Adventurer
my '61 SII 109

bought it restored in 3/07 and have greatly enjoyed the old girl. 2.25 gas, HRTC, La Salle interior, elephant hide seats, usual smells and noise.

probably gonna be on the block soon...

Attachments

• 109atHH.jpg
    109atHH.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • 109c.jpg
    109c.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 109d.jpg
    109d.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 155

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
bought it restored in 3/07 and have greatly enjoyed the old girl. 2.25 gas, HRTC, La Salle interior, elephant hide seats, usual smells and noise.

Dude, you left your teddy bear in the back... and you thought you lost him.:coffee:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Very nice truck, I like the galvanized trim and un painted rivets, very classic.

Snagger

Explorer
My 1961 SII Carawagon (not originally a carawagon) and Alaskajosh's 1970 genuine Carawagon on a trip around Alaska last September. Both trucks are heavily modified from original. Also a pic of my dads 1957 S1 107 station wagon awaiting a full restoration.

DSC_1820.jpg
I read your magazine article - it sounded like a fantastic trip and I really envy the countryside you are able to drive through.

Josh

Adventurer
I read your magazine article - it sounded like a fantastic trip and I really envy the countryside you are able to drive through.

Wow! You've seen the article already!!? We haven't seen it yet and we (well Lstrvr) wrote it! It won't be on our store shelves for another two weeks or so.

October issue of LRO! Check it out!!

Kind regards, Josh

Snagger

Explorer
Wow! You've seen the article already!!? We haven't seen it yet and we (well Lstrvr) wrote it! It won't be on our store shelves for another two weeks or so.

October issue of LRO! Check it out!!

Kind regards, Josh
The fox looked very tame!

OneTen

Observer
Here are a few pix of my little beastie.

DSCN4180.jpg

DSCN5403.jpg

DSCN5406.jpg

Happily owned for over 25 years now.:smiley_drive:

Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach