Like A Moth To The Flame- My New LR3

GaAlpinaowner

Adventurer
Highlands/Cashiers is my favorite area of Western NC.
I imagine Bridal Falls was something to see with all that rain!
D

Mine as well. I have a second home there. All the rivers were at full...and the falls everywhere were something else....let me know next time you head that way.

LR Max

Local Oaf
Highlands/Cashiers is my favorite area of Western NC.
I imagine Bridal Falls was something to see with all that rain!
D

Indeed. Used to ride up there back when that place near Western Carolina was open. Also used to love taking the Subaru STI up there. Fun roads.

discotdi

Adventurer
Great truck. Do the 265/65/18 tires fit without any lift? May want to put some on my 2006. But don't want to lift it
Thanks

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Johnson Rods. Quick 10 minute install and around $120. The cheapest rover I ever lifted! And honestly, you'll never know it was lifted when it comes to getting in and out ... it seems normal to the user.
d

Mack73

Adventurer
Great truck. Do the 265/65/18 tires fit without any lift? May want to put some on my 2006. But don't want to lift it
Thanks

Yes they fit without a lift. You will get some very minor rubbing on the driver's front fender liner on full lock. But a quick cut and everything is fine (you actually make the profile match the passenger side).

Krisbarger

Observer
HD package? What does it add? I noticed your comment on reliability, what changed on the LR3 in 2007 to increase reliability? What if any, are the most common problems to look for in a used LR3? Question about longevity, are folks getting lots of miles out of these LR3's? Thanks and congrats on this machine! It is a beast! wow is all i can say!

Krisbarger

Observer
Did some research on the HD... Found out it adds a rear locker and a full size spare. If there more let me know please. Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowalr4

Adventurer
Can you tell us a little about the rear hitch setup you have? Does the kaymar bumper work with the factory hitch that you insert?

Thanks! Great looking LR3!

jerdog53

Explorer
Sorry this took me so long! Here is a picture of where the switch for the rear light is mounted. Also tied into the reverse lamp!
IMG_1752_zps08b6a67b.jpg

Dendy

Can you post up a picture of how the GPS is mounted and tell us how it's wired please?

Sending elections from my electron sending device....

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I'll have to dig up the ebay invoice and get back to you. I haven't seen them on ebay recently. Stand by.
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal