Lone Peak Overland

gjcarving

I have been following this from the beginning. Really looking forward to feedback once the product is out there. Hopefully the price can remain competitive as so many have gotten overpriced. I do like that there are already revisions being done and honed. Looks to be a great product!

One thing I would love to see is some type of venting for just the bottom portion. In extreme weather or stealth camping this feature would be welcome.

Another thing that would be nice is the possibility of having it be lined similar to my snug top. It would definetly help with condensation.

Also, out of curiosity. Are there any plans to add color options? Even if just whit and silver? I'm in the desert SW and anything black just gets cooked.

BP89

@gjcarving - You can get the front window with a pass through slider, which should allow for some air movement. They also have a vent option for a diesel heater hose that you could just use as open air if you wanted? It's not the same as a sliding side window in terms of air flow, but would be better than nothing.

@Roam.Wild - I hear you on the delays. Fingers crossed, they are minimal. I got a softtopper just to span the gap and be able to haul gear and dogs until the Lone Peak comes.

Sounds like there will be at least a couple in Colorado. ? I'm in Colorado Springs.

Zillon

Yeah, I'm getting itchy for mine as well - have half a mind to pick up a topper I found on FB marketplace to hold me over until the LP arrives later this year. I'm gonna need somewhere to sleep for some of these cycling events I have planned, and I'd rather it not be a tent.

Hackney71

Yeah, I'm getting itchy for mine as well - have half a mind to pick up a topper I found on FB marketplace to hold me over until the LP arrives later this year. I'm gonna need somewhere to sleep for some of these cycling events I have planned, and I'd rather it not be a tent.
I think I am number 63 on production que. I currently use a LEER shell on my Ford F-250 and it works well. Just cant wait to be able to stand up and keep my sleeping quarters set up and in a space on its on.

Hackney71

I think I am number 63 on production que. I currently use a LEER shell on my Ford F-250 and it works well. Just cant wait to be able to stand up and keep my sleeping quarters set up and in a space on its on.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32

Hackney71

The tent support will be a fun problem to solve. We’ll be using 28mm aluminum tube to create the support structure so it should be rock solid even in high winds. The more challenging part is making it adjustable so we can make sure it’s properly tensioned when it clicks into place. Not quite there in the redesign process but I’m open to ideas if anyone has any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Kyle, I like the Harker design except I dont like how the soft side goes all the way to the ground. I suggest having the same overhang as you have now but have the soft side snap to the tailgate so you can close tailgate for more security in Bear country. However it would require you to redesign camper to eliminate the cross bar so you could enter without crawling under. I do like how they remove the back door and use it as a table.

BP89

@Hackney71 - I think the intention is to keep the rear door of the topper and tailgate remain the "doors" to access the camper and not have the soft side at the rear like the Harker does. There's others on here with better connection to Kyle and are ambassadors that could probably confirm that with better clarity than I can, but what I have heard from his updates.

Although, the additional space that back soft sided entry on the Harker does seem nice, I think i align with you on having a little bit more security.

Hackney71

@Hackney71 - I think the intention is to keep the rear door of the topper and tailgate remain the "doors" to access the camper and not have the soft side at the rear like the Harker does. There's others on here with better connection to Kyle and are ambassadors that could probably confirm that with better clarity than I can, but what I have heard from his updates.

Although, the additional space that back soft sided entry on the Harker does seem nice, I think i align with you on having a little bit more security.
I like how it allows easy access to the camper without have to craw under the top frame but I know that would require reengineering and also seems to take away from struture stenth on side walls.

Hackney71

Ok, nice. That’d be good to see. The Roofnest Falcon uses an adjustable bar on top but it’s so high up on ours it’s be hard to get to. I’m hoping to have something at the base of the assembly to adjust easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Kyle I have a couple of question. When we get our campers will it void our lifetime warranty if we ourselves run wiring outside for lights? I want top corner flood lights on the back corners of camper and don't see that option in your website. I plan on using the same port that it looks like I bought from you for my solar set up but I don't want to make holes in camper if it is going to void my warranty. (2) Does the Juice Box come with the lighting/12volt kit? (3) If I buy the fan kit which I have not yet, can it be mounted anywhere on roof so it does not interfere with solar panel placement that I plan on securing with my load bars? I know the fan has a door that has to open. Thanks and like us all super excited to receive our campers. Thanks for a response.

Roam.Wild

Great new video out, shows the new shop location, as well as some of the new options like the dust vent and redesigned heater vent port, both look outstanding! As goes over the mounting solution I know some of yall were wondering about, the mounting system is STOUT!

simple

Adventurer
Great marketing. Shows realistic progress of the manufacturing facility while keeping excitement high for the people waiting for their units.

lkosh

Hidden in the comments: Looking to start shipping by August.

He said they're hoping to build 50 of them in July. The guy asking the question is build #63 so he thinks his will be done in August. But I also don't know how quickly they'll be shipping them out, so it might be August before many of us are really seeing our campers.

I think 50 per month seems a bit unrealistic to me unless they are hiring people for assembly (I think they had originally said they were hoping to build 20 a month?). I understand the current supply chain issues, but I'm a bit bummed a portion of this years camping season will be missed with the camper.

Zillon

I expected delays with LP being a new company and all, and I'm glad LP has been totally forthcoming with details on development, manufacturing, etc.

But agreed, I'm a bit bummed as well; I have some cycling races in August and September that I was really hoping to have this for, and now production/shipping timelines are pushing right up against those race events.

BeardedTacoma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal