Looking for first expedition/overland rig

scrubber3

Not really here
Thank you for the link, I will take a look at it.

Well the Montero/Raider does looks pretty nice. Is there a difference between the two or are they exactly the same car just with a different badge?

The raider is the same as a 1st generation 2 door montero. As soon as the 2nd generation came out, they were Mitsubishi exclusively. The first generation was available from 82 till 91. 91 to 99 was the second generation with 98 and 99 models having a different motor and gearing along with fender flares and are known as gen2.5. ( these are arguably the best looking ones). From 2000 to 2006 was the third generation. Wiki has a great page on them. These are known as the Pajero in overseas market except for the UK where they are known as a Shogun.

bigmack

Observer
I think he was asking if the Montero and Raider had any difference between them or are they exactly identical?

bloodycape

Observer
That Montero looks pretty nice, but it seems like a rear seat wasn't really an option. If that is the case, its not really for me, and I'm not really a fan of the 4dr variant. The Vehicross seems interesting, but some of the reviews have said room is a bit cramped in the driver seat. Plus, I am not sure if it's more of a pre-runner with 4wd, or if its a trail capable suv. If its the former the Forester maybe a better option for me to look at.

Last edited:

deadbeat son

Explorer
Something like this could be perfect as it looks like it halfway there and its got a spiffy paint job.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/3023108330.html

But its more than 2x his budget.

That Montero looks pretty nice, but it seems like a rear seat wasn't really an option. If that is the case, its not really for me, and I'm not really a fan of the 4dr variant. The Vehicross seems interesting, but some of the reviews have said room is a bit cramped in the driver seat. Plus, I am not sure if it's more of a pre-runner with 4wd, or if its a trail capable suv. If its the former the Forester maybe a better option for me to look at.

The Vehicross is a true 4wd vehicle, with selectable low range and a solid rear axle. It is beefier than a Forester. Another alternative is the Isuzu Amigo.

Last edited:

bloodycape

Observer
I will check out the Vehicross in person then to see if the size is right for me or not, and how it rides compared to the others on my list. I take it has a locking rear diff also? I never was too fond of the Amigo or the Rodeo/Passport. But thanks for the suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner

Members online