LTT-MCC Marine Corps Chassis Overland Trailer Build

SamM

Adventurer
hsestes,
You could have 4" more clearance with the 4" lift spindles. They were to high on my trailer and I had to lower it with straight spindle like you have. We could have swapped those.

My jack mounts are the same as your's. I'm ready to start building the walls for mine. I like the aluminum panels but I won't be using them.

SamM

hsestes

Henry S Estes
hsestes,
You could have 4" more clearance with the 4" lift spindles. They were to high on my trailer and I had to lower it with straight spindle like you have. We could have swapped those.

My jack mounts are the same as your's. I'm ready to start building the walls for mine. I like the aluminum panels but I won't be using them.

SamM

Yeah, I wish now I would have gotten the ones with 4" drop so I wouldn't have had to build the steel subsupports so tall... right now it sits level with the Jeep so I am happy, but in the future may rework it to get a little more ground clearance. Do you still have the 4"drop spindles?

This week the trailer goes to the paint shop (well, a friend that has paint sprayer).

bluebear

Observer
Love everything about it... Aluminum upper cage, LOTS of access, bay doors in front- bulletproof ideas.
Im curious to why youd prefer the doors in the front? Building a custom trailer around that exact canopy as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Xrunner

Explorer
Nice work, things are really starting to come together! Did you do any prep work to the original CARC before priming it?

Im curious to why youd prefer the doors in the front? Building a custom trailer around that exact canopy as we speak.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Check out post #35...

So you may ask why not open the doors to the back.... Well, I have a aluminum tool/storage box planned for the rear area, and in the front will have a fold down deck/porch that when lowered down will sit on top of a portion of the tongue with the tongue providing the support for it.

hsestes

Henry S Estes
Nice work, things are really starting to come together! Did you do any prep work to the original CARC before priming it?

Not really, just washed it all down with some Dawn dish soap to cut any grease or oils. Sprayed right over the top of it. It should hold fine, but time will tell....

hsestes

Henry S Estes
Here is were it really starts to take shape.....

Outside we have:
Roof Rack
ARB Awning
5 Gallon Gas
5 Gallon Water (2)
11lb Propane Tank
Axe
Shovel
Rear Storage
Leveling Jacks
Mud Flaps

2016-10-14 16.24.49.jpg 2016-10-14 16.47.27.jpg 2016-10-14 16.25.04.jpg 2016-10-14 16.47.45.jpg 2016-10-14 16.46.07.jpg 2016-10-14 16.24.23.jpg 2016-10-14 16.46.42.jpg 2016-10-14 16.46.34.jpg

Now to start on the inside....

2016-10-14 16.48.10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk