Lucky8’s Project Discovery 3

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
We have a 17 rim that fits a V8 and you guy's are busting my balls about a model holding a steering wheel. Sounds about right :)

Next time your getting a pic of Erik.

Angry_Man

Adventurer
If you would find away to carry this bumper or have something close to it...That would be awesome! One of the members has it (located in Europe I believe). I really like the access to the winch and the finished appearance as well. It reminds me of the external winch tray approach, only in whole bumper form.

http://trcoffroad.com/paragolpes-landrover/65-paragolpes-delantero-land-rover-discovery-d3.html

seconded, if I could avoid having a German friend work out shipping with a German supplier that would be excellent.

spikemd

Explorer
Does the tire rub if you have a suspension fault and drop to bump stops? One of the downsides to EAS and big tires is being immobilized with a suspension fault and lowered vehicle being unable to drive. If you are stuck on the trail, it could be a serious issue. I know of one LR3 that dropped to bump stops and had to drive out from the trail causing serious damage to the underside of the vehicle. My buddy's P38 airspring blew out in Death Valley and he had to drive 700 miles home on bumpstops. He was running 31.5 inch tires, the largest available to be able to drive on bumpstops. If he was running 33s he would have been completely stuck as the wheel is stuck underneath the body amd unable to rotate.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
If you would find away to carry this bumper or have something close to it...That would be awesome! One of the members has it (located in Europe I believe). I really like the access to the winch and the finished appearance as well. It reminds me of the external winch tray approach, only in whole bumper form.

http://trcoffroad.com/paragolpes-landrover/65-paragolpes-delantero-land-rover-discovery-d3.html

If we can get a group buy going ill bring them in. Let me know what you guys think

brickpaul65

Adventurer
I am all for a group buy. The only real issue is I have no idea what the cost would be. That makes it difficult to commit in advance. However, if it was in-line with the current bumper options, I could definitely swing that.

I like their rear bumper as well but I think Tactical Rovers' new option looks great. I have been happy with their skids and sliders. The fitment is great. I am just not in love with their front bumper. Which looks like a high quality piece with appropriate pricing. It is just an aesthetics thing for me.

I also love this ladder...

http://prospeed-group.co.uk/prospeed-discovery-3-and-4-rear-ladder/

I have been holding out for that too.

zelatore

Explorer
I am all for a group buy. The only real issue is I have no idea what the cost would be. That makes it difficult to commit in advance. However, if it was in-line with the current bumper options, I could definitely swing that.

I like their rear bumper as well but I think Tactical Rovers' new option looks great. I have been happy with their skids and sliders. The fitment is great. I am just not in love with their front bumper. Which looks like a high quality piece with appropriate pricing. It is just an aesthetics thing for me.

I also love this ladder...

http://prospeed-group.co.uk/prospeed-discovery-3-and-4-rear-ladder/

I have been holding out for that too.

Agreed on all points. A bumper (and sliders, and skids, and...) is on my short list of upgrades for this summer. I do like the looks of this better than the TR unit but of course need to know more to get serious.

But then I'm also holding out hope for those aluminum goodies that were mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I would bet a full compliment of aluminum vs steel armor would save an easy 500 lbs on an already h_e_a_v_y truck.

brickpaul65

Adventurer
Prospeed has an impressive line up...and expensive. I don't mean to imply overpriced, looking at the products themselves, they are priced appropriately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk