Matthewp's MuTTT (Multiple Terrain Tactical Teardrop).

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I was hoping to be started again by now but one of our pets had to have surgery, that ate up the build budget for another month or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Thanks guys. He's a lot better now. My cat had stopped eating and they found a large mass in his belly. Luckily it was not cancerous and it came out completely. Now, just waiting for the insurance claim to be processed and get the check back.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Have to take care of our four legged family members!

Attachments

• 403965_424151094290723_1718623853_n.jpg
    403965_424151094290723_1718623853_n.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 176
Very nice Matthew, very nice! All of the little details are really cool. The door you used for your control box, does it have sealing between the door and the casing? I saw those on ebay and thought about using the same, but I was unsure if it would keep water out.

Very nice, very nice! I'm liking all of the little details. Very cool. The compartment door you are using for your control box, does it have a seal between the door and casing? I have been eyeballing those on ebay for my electrical compartment, but I wasn't sure if it would seal water out.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Very nice, very nice! I'm liking all of the little details. Very cool. The compartment door you are using for your control box, does it have a seal between the door and casing? I have been eyeballing those on ebay for my electrical compartment, but I wasn't sure if it would seal water out.

The box does not have a seal. You could put one on there but the keyhole door that allows the electrical input would be very hard to seal! Thanks for the compliments!

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
The glaciers have receded, time to start drinking wine and cutting wood! The trailer build is back on. Look what followed me home from the lumber yard today...

ama5u7u5.jpg

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
It was nice to get some woodworking started. Today was all about the side walls for the sleeping area. I'm using 1/2" marine ply for the outer skin and 3/4" marine ply for the skeletonized middle section (for the insulation). The roof will end up being double 5mm ply over 2" X 2" spars (insulated, of course!).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398554994.310853.jpg

The side exterior for the driver's side with the door and utility hatch (water supply, electrical supply, battery meter, etc.) test fit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398555021.675872.jpg

The design drawing for the skeletonized middle wall...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398555052.990616.jpg

... And the cut section in wood.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
It's starting to look like a camper... And a little bigger than I thought it would look! All the numbers are adding up though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398639918.352568.jpg

... And we can't forget to mount the can-holders!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398639975.899719.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues