MG Metalworks Van Build

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Well it looks like my fate has been decided for me. If anyone has been following the news, my employer is laying off 11% of its workforce this week and I just got the meeting notice from my manager. It isn't a surprise to me and actually it is quite welcomed news

With nearly half a year of severance, rather than find another job, I'll be going into the custom vehicle (mostly 4x4 vans and expedition vehicles) business full time. I have several products about to roll out for the E-series and some future plans for Sprinter and Transit stuff as well (not to mention G-wagens but I bet you guys didn't know I was into those too). I'm looking forward to offering you all my very best work and hope you'll contact me if you're in need of quality engineering and fabrication.

Jasper Jones

Observer
Can't lie, I kind of got chills reading that. So excited for the new opportunity for you, and what this means for all of us van enthusiasts!

I know of many stories similar to yours where people lost steady employment and turned it into a chance to pursue their dreams.

Good luck, and I can't wait to see what comes next!

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Mixed blessings in some ways I'm sure...I'll be supporting you in any way I can! Thanks for all of your expertise, enthusiasm, support, and vision, MG!

DudeAbides

Observer
What a great situation to start from, having a severance package so you don't have to worry about turning a profit super quick. I say congrats! Looking forward to those conversion brackets!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Well it looks like my fate has been decided for me. If anyone has been following the news, my employer is laying off 11% of its workforce this week and I just got the meeting notice from my manager. It isn't a surprise to me and actually it is quite welcomed news

With nearly half a year of severance, rather than find another job, I'll be going into the custom vehicle (mostly 4x4 vans and expedition vehicles) business full time. I have several products about to roll out for the E-series and some future plans for Sprinter and Transit stuff as well (not to mention G-wagens but I bet you guys didn't know I was into those too). I'm looking forward to offering you all my very best work and hope you'll contact me if you're in need of quality engineering and fabrication.

Sorry and congrats! I've been thinking about you when reading the Intel news. I'm on the border of being layed off from my employer as well. Certainly don't need it with a new kid but I have some other projects to work on as well.

Very excited to see more of your work! I need to get serious about finding the right van!

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Here at IM Flash (1/2 Intel), the news hit us hard. We were sad to hear of so many jobs being cut. I didn't realize it affected you. What a perfect opportunity to start fresh though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal