MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Just did a couple of things to the trailer today. Added a magnetic paper towel rack to the fold down table frame.

Mud flaps. I think it is just considerate to have mud flaps to try to mitigate the amount of rocks and mud being kicked up.

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 105
  • thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 103
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 101
  • thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 95

Vogold

I've always used a super siphon for fuel transfer. So you rest the water can on the fender when siphoning?
I have not tried it with this trailer but it will work like that, as long as the supply tank is elevated above the receiving tank. It takes about 2 minutes to transfer 5 gallons.

Easy to just put wheel chocks a foot or so from the tire when moving as a safety. You can also use one wheel chock as a pivot the trailer .
That’s what I did the last time I moved the trailer. The previous trailer had hand brakes and I think that convenience made me lazy, but I think the more I use this trailer with out them, the less I will want to spend the money for them. I might get a quote just out of curiosity.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have not tried it with this trailer but it will work like that, as long as the supply tank is elevated above the receiving tank. It takes about 2 minutes to transfer 5 gallons.

That’s what I did the last time I moved the trailer. The previous trailer had hand brakes and I think that convenience made me lazy, but I think the more I use this trailer with out them, the less I will want to spend the money for them. I might get a quote just out of curiosity.
Please let us know what the quote comes in at.

Dale

Whats the height of the hitch? Just want to make sure I am sitting as level as I can when I go to pick up.

Also, what are you guys using for insurance, i currently have state farm.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
State Farm is pretty good. Had them for years. Now using Farmers. Height will depend on you tire size, so may differ from trailer to trailer. I believe Mark is using the HD 3,500 lb Timbrens on all these trailers. But tires differ quite a bit. I'm using 32" BFG KO2s.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Whats the height of the hitch? Just want to make sure I am sitting as level as I can when I go to pick up.

Also, what are you guys using for insurance, i currently have state farm.

Be sure to go over your trailer before you leave. Have them test the heater, windows, vent, check the spare tire for wheel locks, door seal. Mine door is lopsided so only one side latches completely and it leaks. Mark says he will replace it when we head to Alaska.

Be sure the fridge tray has been modified so the fridge is not resting on the power plug. It will probably be wired up incorrectly but you can fix that later.

My tongue sits at 24" at the top of the ball. I have farmers insurance.

jcmartin11b

Hello everyone,
Placed a deposit today on one at big sky. Under contract (selling) my old home and waiting for closing of that to finalize. Then the trip to pick it up. Had been looking at the ogt for a long time

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mounted some Alu Boxes to the top of the fridge/battery box . I didn't want to drill down through the boxes and be able to remove them so I used Eze Awn Alu Box box mounts.

I'll store kitchen stuff in in the P/S box and RV park stuff like water hose and extension cord in the D/S box.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg1.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 86
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 82
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 80

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hello everyone,
Placed a deposit today on one at big sky. Under contract (selling) my old home and waiting for closing of that to finalize. Then the trip to pick it up. Had been looking at the ogt for a long time
Welcome aboard!! Let us know how things go.

Dale

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Remember that adventures can end up taking you to the most incredible places you've never been before. Or going back to places and seeing them in a new light.

Little Snake River.jpg

Central Kansas in the Great Plains. Har har!

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Beastie makes us slow down a bit and enjoy the place we are at much more.

IMG_1478.jpeg

SE UT and NE AZ are incredible in the spring!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk