My 2 trailers build

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
-MC4x4
There rc999120. That the number I could find. If that won't work I'll see if I can find a different # on the body. Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long I totally spaced it out.

MC4X4

Observer
-MC4x4
There rc999120. That the number I could find. If that won't work I'll see if I can find a different # on the body. Hope this helps. Sorry it took so long I totally spaced it out.

thanks mate, your trailers are coming along great, I just wish I had the same skills as you.
cheers MC

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So it's been a good weekend, I have gotten all the side locker doors installed. I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out!
4b8ba6ef-30d2-f632.jpg

4b8ba6ef-30e4-5db8.jpg

•Tyler

Rubiconcruiser

Rubiconcruiser
Partner Steel, located in Pocatello, Idaho , mfg of the best high altitude campstoves and heaters on the market,a bit costly but the best. I have 2 of them and both are flawless at sea level or 14K ft elevation. Phone # 208 233 2371

When you welded up your tongue box and side boxes did you weld them from the inside only. I'm new to wire welding and I'm having difficulty making the stuff I'm doing look good. I was going to build some boxes for my tailights when I just started looking for aftermarket ones. I noticed they were welded on the inside only. Wellyour projects look really good and have given me the motivation to start my own trailer.

Thanks

Robert Walker

Woods

Explorer
Call this guy. There isn't any welding he can't help with:

When you welded up your tongue box and side boxes did you weld them from the inside only. I'm new to wire welding and I'm having difficulty making the stuff I'm doing look good. I was going to build some boxes for my tailights when I just started looking for aftermarket ones. I noticed they were welded on the inside only. Wellyour projects look really good and have given me the motivation to start my own trailer.

Thanks

Robert Walker

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So this is what I do and not everyone may agree but....
I butt my two pieces together so that the inside corners just touch, this way their is a small square void running down the length of what will be the weld. I put a few small tack welds down the seam to keep things from moving and then grind them almost all the off. This way there won't be a cold lump in the weld. I run my welder very hot for the thickness of my material (16ga.) and with just enough wire speed to fill it at a fast moving pace. I then clamp a guide on my work so that I can rest my hand on it and do the weld in one pass. On the tongue boxes it was 19" long. With my welder set up the way it is, if u hesitate to long in a weld u could potentially blow a hole in your work.
This way u get good penetration with your weld and when u grind your weld off to make a perfect corner u aren't removing your strength. When your done u can look on the inside of your weld and see where the metal melted and became one piece. It just takes a lot of practice and figuring out what works best for u. A huge part is learning how to set your welder up properly for the material u are working with. Hope this helps and isn't to confusing.

Tyler

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
eteru3am.jpg

Here is a pic of the inside of my boxes. U can see that there is full penetration of the weld.
Also I bent up most of my sheet metal parts today.
udaqada3.jpg
4y4yny7e.jpg

The trusses for inside the lid.
uhe9yvup.jpg

Skin for the lids
a8esa4an.jpg

This is the sheet metal for the tub. I'm taking a few days off next week to try to get some of this stuff done.

Tyler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk