My 2 trailers build

RichD

A group of us up in Vancouver are building trailers and your thread has been inspirational. Cheers!

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
RichD- Thanks that is very flattering.

Alexoffroad- In a perfect world I would love to be taking orders, but in this world I an just one guy out of my garage. It has taken me almost 10 months to get done what I have. But thanks for asking, that means alot.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Just a few progress pics from Saturday morning. I welded up two of the side lockers and cleaned them up also.
Before
4b8ba6ef-d359-1fb4.jpg

Welded
4b8ba6ef-d394-8898.jpg

After clean up
4b8ba6ef-d3cb-6f74.jpg

I also bent up a mockup fender out of 16gag. black. It still needs to be trimmed to fit correctly but it gives me an idea of how it will look. I think I'm going to make them out of 1/8 aluminum, then give them a brushed look, then a clear powder coat. I want to use the fender to help support the middle part of the side locker. Just for a little added security.

TACO721

Observer
both look very good man! i can’t wait to start on my truck and than a trailer. but money is kinda keeping me from it right now. :( hopefully that will change sooon.

edit: latly i been thinking about one of my dreams. i want to get everything set up and drive to Alaska from east TN. would be about 4k+ miles.:) i love road trips. oh and nice runner. i have a ’07 DC short bed tacoma TRD off road. :)

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Wow! Thank you all. I just have a passion for fabrication and welding. I think is cool when u can build something from scratch and have someone ask u where u bought it. I love the look on their face. I started in a small fab shop when I was 18, then when to school for diesel mechanics and worked for John Deere. Now I work for a larger fab company, in all my jobs fabrication has been a big part.
If there is anything I can do for someone else to help them in their build I would be more than happy to.
Thanks again.

mayhem

Observer
Dig the build, really jealous

What are you going to use to stabilize the rear of the trailer. I'm running into a height issue on my trailer and curious to know if you have something in mind.

MC4X4

Observer
Very nice work. what airbags and shocks are you using. I see you are using rancho's but do you have a part No.
cheers mark

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
4b8ba6ef-1a9b-6b7e.jpg
4b8ba6ef-1aa8-3051.jpg
4b8ba6ef-1aba-6766.jpg

Nice work, I am going to be attempting my own trailer build and this thread has brought some great info for me. I keep thinking I finalize my drawings then I see things like this. I am going to use your side frame and rear cross member design. It just makes sense if you know what I mean. You have some mad skills and looks like some very nice equipment to work with. However, if I had that equipment in front of me I probably would not know what to do with it anyways. One thing I did notice is that your shore power plug cover was upside down, it needs to be spun 180 for how I prefer them to open. Just thought I had to point something out. I prefer them to open going up, such as your 12v plugs, for moisture run-off. I was intrigued that you used the word "shore power."

Nice work, Cam-shaft.
Sent from my computer after I hit the enter button.

Last edited:

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Dig the build, really jealous

What are you going to use to stabilize the rear of the trailer. I'm running into a height issue on my trailer and curious to know if you have something in mind.

I don't know yet. I've looked at a lot of trailers to try to decide how I want to do them or if I will even do them. I don't have the money to do a RTT right now so that might be something I'll think about for a while and add latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk