My 2 trailers build

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Ya when u want it just let me know, I'll get them to u.
To be able to adjust the toe-in & toe-out and camber. I never did find a way of adjusting them that I liked until after they were built. Another member told me about a way to do it but I don't know much about it. On the other hand I was told that if your just doing it for your self not to worry about making them adjustable. The first adventure trailer were not adjustable, my dad has one and it has always done awesome. That is why I wasnt to conserned about it. Let me know if I can help u in any way possible.

medic83

Observer
Very nice. Looks like they are getting up there in weight. Any idea on their weight? it that 2x3 .120? What gauge plate you gonna use?

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Ya they won't be any worse than AT's. The frame was 2x3x.120 and the up rights for the tube are 1x2x.096 or something like that. Pretty thin wall and not bad on weight. For the lids I'm thinking about aluminum. That stuffs not cheap so well see. For the rest of the sheet metal work I'm going to use 16 ga.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Ya I know I'm not getting to much done very fast, but I have made some progress on the tongue boxes. I have the junction box, emergence brake box, batt charger, batt, 110v shore plug and 12v outlets installed.
4b8ba6ef-911d-a918.jpg
4b8ba6ef-912b-e8e0.jpg
4b8ba6ef-9139-f5df.jpg
4b8ba6ef-9146-ae16.jpg

I'm bending up the side lockers this sat morning and finishing up the frame work for the main tubes currently.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I laser cut the side lockers for the two trailers on Thursday and I went in this morning and bent them up. So far I have just tacked the ends in place. I ran out of time to do any real welding on them.
4b8ba6ef-d44a-1b2c.jpg
4b8ba6ef-d455-45ab.jpg
4b8ba6ef-d465-ab6a.jpg
4b8ba6ef-d483-8720.jpg

Who needs a truck then u have a 4runner, lol.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Very nice work!
I have a laser and press at work. "Hard to get time on them, They are run 24 hours"
With the right tools you can build cool toys!

Awesome work.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Mark,
It's a sweet company to work for. We get free rain of the shop on sat. mornings till noon and during lunch on week days. It makes it real easy to make nice parts for the trailers. It's still a lot of work to finish the part but it gives u a good point to start from.

Uglyduck

Adventurer
Awesome work GR. Those laser cut handle cut outs make my grinder cuts look like a 3rd grader did it.

How do you plan to do the main box? Frame and skin? Bend a single sheet of steel?

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I'm doing the main tubs with an external frame and lining it with 16 ga. The reason I'm doing this is because I want to be able to remove the lid and drop the tail gate if I need to use the trailer for something else. I don't own a truck.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Well I took the last two day off to get the main tub frames welded up. I also got the cross members for the floor of the tub welded in and the front fender frames welded on.
4b8ba6ef-3e9c-ecce.jpg
4b8ba6ef-3eb1-ccff.jpg

I took one for a little test drive to see how it pulled. I even hit the highway to see how it pulled at high speed. I got it up to 65 and it pulled awesome. Nice to know that I haven't screwed anything up too bad yet .

4b8ba6ef-3f8e-9739.jpg
4b8ba6ef-3f9b-72b4.jpg

Here they both are so far.
4b8ba6ef-401a-2427.jpg
4b8ba6ef-4027-69d2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal