My 2 trailers build

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
No offense, but it doesn't surprise me at all that the straps came out just right... Good work with the entire build. You've got mad skillz man! I just wish I had someone like you helping me with the trailer builds. :ylsmoke:

Don

-

It would be great if you could include a material list for this build. I know most of it is in the different posts, but I did not see what gauge you used for the side boxes.

Thanks and this is amazing work,

Robert Walker

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Axle tube: 2x2x1/4
Trailing arms: 2x2x3/16
Main frame: 2x3x1/8
Rear bumper: 2x4x1/8
Outer fender framework: 2x2x1/8
Fenders: 1/8 al. diamond plate
Water tank support plate: 1/4 al. plate
Tub cross-members in frame: 1x2x.083
Tub verticals and top rail: 1x2x.083
Tub: 16ga.
Tail gate: 1x2x.083 with 16ga. skin
Lid: 2x2x.083 frame, -16ga. cross-members, 16ga. skin
Tongue box: 16ga.
Side lockers: 16ga.
Hope this is what you were looking for, if not let me know and I'll get it for you.

Tyler

Thanks for the list. I have to make a tailgate for my trailer, the original is all twisted and after all the cutting I have done I just don't have the want to mess with it. Then it’s on to the lid. It would seem to me that the lid would be better with an angle structure than flat. The angles would seem to add strength and would spread the weight of the tent and occupants over a wider surface area.

Well I will be away for a few weeks so thanks again for the list and can't wait to see what else you get done on your trailer.

Robert Walker

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
pa5eda4a.jpg

Tanks are from www.watertanks.com
They are 35 x 19 x 7 3/4
You can have the drain and fill put anywhere you want and choose from different fill and drain options.
The faucet is a Valterra rp800 rocket hand pump. You can find them on amazon for less than $30.

Tyler

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
(Trackhead) No, there is a section on their page that has a ton of tank sizes to choose from. Just make sure u let them know its for drinking water. They add something to the plastic to make it safe for drinking.

Tyler

Last edited:

trackhead

Adventurer
(Trackhead) No, there is a section on their page that has a ton of tank sizes to choose from. Just make sure u let them know its for drinking water. They add something to the plastic to make it safe for drinking.

Tyler

Thanks. Prices look quite reasonable as well.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Ya, if I recall correctly adventure trailers wanted almost 300$ a piece for pretty much the exact same thing. That's what got me thinking that there had to a cheaper option.

Tyler

DrtTrac

Tyler,
I tried to get a quote from this company on the water tank and they have increased their prices so significantly that the tank alone is $208. Shipped is just under $300!! And I am in AZ, not shipping across the country. I guess I will find another company.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I've had some people asking for the prints/demensions on the trailing arms, so I figured I would post a pic of them on here. Sorry for the crappy pics.
y6y7u5ub.jpg
5utybaby.jpg

Thanks, Ty

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So it's been a while, I don't have much. I've been trying to get all the little stuff done so I can send every out to powder coat. Mostly been drilling holes and that is a little boring. I bought some brackets for my gas springs, I bought the cheap ones thinking they would be strong enough....boy was I wrong !
uploadfromtaptalk1356660382953.jpg
Today I made some new ones, these should fix my problem. Iuploadfromtaptalk1356660483629.jpguploadfromtaptalk1356660496289.jpguploadfromtaptalk1356660510571.jpg
I also mounted the latches and a few other things today.uploadfromtaptalk1356660579979.jpguploadfromtaptalk1356660600707.jpg
I'm going to finish the tail gates this weekend and I hope my new gas springs come tomorrow. The others were too long also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach