Adventurer
Finished one tailgate yesterday.
y5ujaqu4.jpg
sebu6y3e.jpg
e9u3ujad.jpg
dany8eza.jpg
yru9aqun.jpg

great job

Do you have any single sisters? I really want an brother in law like you, all mine does is drink my beer,eat my food, s#it on my toilet and borrow my tools and not return, all jokes aside great job and you should think about making those propane tank holders for sale.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I had a buddy make me a cover for one of the cables on the trail gate to see if I liked it, I defiantly like it more than just the cable alone.
(Sorry for the dark cell phone photos)
evamy5en.jpg
3umudequ.jpg

I also got my new gas spring in today, they are shorter and work much better. But I went from 175lbs struts to 150lbs struts...(2) 175 were to much, the lid would just spring up, (2) 150 were just a little too week, the kid won't stay up. So it's it ok to use (1) 150 & (1) 175 at the same time or will it want to open all weird like? I've never really messed with them before. Thanks
y8upyzem.jpg

Septu

Explorer
Ya I have mixed feelings about them also. Don't know what I'll do yet. Part of me likes them.

What about moving the cables so they're inside the box when it's closed? At least then whatever you decide, you're only seeing them while it's open and in use.

Whitecloud

One day at a time
So I'm shifting thinks in to high gear because the WA st. Overland rally is at the end of July, I don't know if I'll make it but I'm going to give it hell. So I built my propane tank mounts this week. I built them out of 14 gage stainless steel so that when I powder coat them they won't rust between the layers of steel and in the latch when the powder where's off. So here are some pics.
Next week I'm on to the Jerry can mounts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the clasps for the tanks? Your build is awesome and made me change my mind on some of the things I'm doing to mine. Very inspirational. Thanks for posting the pics.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Thank you to everyone for the compliments and the input. I should have most the white powder coat done this week also.Just fyi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues