Nissan NV2500 Toy Hauling camper

Elfmaze

Observer
I spent about two years trying to figure out what type of vehicle I needed. Wanted it to be able to tow(6000 lb antique car and trailer) Be able to carry my motorcycles inside, Have a bed, Be able to be a daily driver, be able to live in it for around a week at a time. And be fairly stealth in case of camping in a city en rout to a destination. Fuel mileage.... EH.

I finally bought my Nv2500 v8 In August and I finally have some sort of progress I can show you!

Last edited:

Elfmaze

Observer
Roof deck, Still needs cut out for the vent fan and solar panels

Rear

Flood lights on

set up for hanging out

Storage box on top, Electrical on the bottom

Inside of electrical box, Two 110amp hour deep cell batteries.

Sleeping mode

Cargo mode

Last edited:

Elfmaze

Observer
Still need to get my solar charger, Thinking two 70 watt Renogy panels and charger, Insulation all around , finish the wiring, Put fire suppression "holes" in the lower electrical box for an extinguisher, Cut hole in roof deck to pass fan vent thru. And I think we might be ready for a trip!

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Personally not a fan of the looks, but really like what you've done with it. What's the cargo capacity and tow capacity?

WAND3R3R

Adventurer
Looks great! I think a lot of RV conversion companies will be using the Nissan van as a base-platform in the near future!
Thanks for sharing!
-AK

java

Expedition Leader
I have the 100W Renogy panels and controller. Panels are very nice. Controller sucks. Cuts charge voltage way too early (12.5V) IMO. Keeps them topped up, but not full.

Looks good, I'm hoping for some 4x4 versions to start cropping up.

Quigly just started doing the NV's.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Quigly just started doing the NV's.

So I've heard. I'm still hoping nissan will just put the Titan 4x4 drivetrain in at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. It would make it the only factory equipped 4wd van in the market, there must be money there...

Anyway, nice rig.

Elfmaze

Observer
Personally not a fan of the looks, but really like what you've done with it. What's the cargo capacity and tow capacity?

Towing claims around 9500lbs (v8 2500 chassis), it has a class IV hitch so 1000lbs tongue weight if i'm not mistaken.

Cargo capacity is 3142lbs payload. Not sure about the cubic feet but it swallows up 4X8 sheets of plywood like a boss.

Remember it has 6' 3" standing room inside.... 6'1" with my subfloor and roof finish panel. So no more bending over in the back. Whole different feel than the old van. Its a small room, not a large car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach