OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

LaBlaze

I believe the only wood in the trailer are the cabinets, if that helps. According to obi their floor is some sort of composite honeycomb.
Who installed sink for you ? When I installed sink in my 15, drilling through the floor for drain line, the flooring was this honeycomb thinga ma jigger material. Hopefully water damage to cabinets would be a minimum. The cabinets are plywood and much more solid then particle board etc....
If you take off the back of the cabinet in the front of the camper you'll see plywood ☹️ by where it connects..
The idiots at the rv place we got it from installed a new bathroom sink and they just didn't push the connections together enough. It wasn't an after market sink... just in the bathroom

Attachments

• 20231211_154044.jpg
    20231211_154044.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36

LaBlaze

Crazy to hear about Tundra blown engines. Just my very humble opinion the Dweller is to heavy for a Taco. I borrowed a Taco to pull my little 3,800 pound (loaded) Trail Marker and the tranny was jumping all over the place. That couldn't be good in the long term. Dweller is to heavy for any tow vehicle that does not come with an stock integrated brake controller. Go at least a half ton. I do live and camp at or above 7,000 feet.
Yea.. we're going to re gear it so it's not constantly searching for gears so im hoping that helps. I totally agree with you that we're pushing the limit on towing with a taco. We added a break controller and we're going to add some powerbrakes to it also. We may do a supercharge also but I don't feel like dropping 7k on a supercharger.

Is there a " magic bullet " to ordering parts, if the dealership is having a hard time with Obi not returning emails or calls, to order parts ?
I have tried contacting Obi directly with no luck. They do not return phone calls or emails, its a little frustrating ! You would think with Obi, being a newer company, they would be more on the ball with parts accessories etc... And answering the phone would be a good start.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Maybe it's a second job for them? Likley on the golf course or in thier airplane. Maybe the phone rings constantly with the thousands of customers who want advice, parts and or warrantys so they don't dare answer the phone or they will miss thier tee time. More white male golf nuts in phx (desert) then any where in the world.

LaBlaze

Is there a " magic bullet " to ordering parts, if the dealership is having a hard time with Obi not returning emails or calls, to order parts ?
I have tried contacting Obi directly with no luck. They do not return phone calls or emails, its a little frustrating ! You would think with Obi, being a newer company, they would be more on the ball with parts accessories etc... And answering the phone would be a good start.
Supposedly they're notorious for that. Maybe worse now with the holidays but they were responsive to the dealership 2 weeks ago and sent all the parts we needed within a week. Good luck getting parts!

I assume with all the dealers that dropped thier units to auction they are inundated with folks that have no idea how to operate trailer. This string is a blessing to those folks. So kudos to all you contributors. I do worry about some of these Dwellers being out on lots for going on two winters. Are they designed to have 8" of snow sitting on them all winter. Same for sun?

Especially since thier switching to a direct to customer platform.

I assume with all the dealers that dropped thier units to auction they are inundated with folks that have no idea how to operate trailer. This string is a blessing to those folks. So kudos to all you contributors. I do worry about some of these Dwellers being out on lots for going on two winters. Are they designed to have 8" of snow sitting on them all winter. Same for sun?
I do not even think Obi knows much about their product. Obi's, main owner Vincent is only in his 20's. He's still wet under the ears. I really hope they succeed, but they have a lot of growing to do. It is evident with their emails and phone non responsiveness.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a second job for them? Likley on the golf course or in thier airplane. Maybe the phone rings constantly with the thousands of customers who want advice, parts and or warrantys so they don't dare answer the phone or they will miss thier tee time. More white male golf nuts in phx (desert) then any where in the world.
Especially since thier switching to a direct to customer platform.
They will still sell to dealers that will have them. Vincent, over promised and under performed. Obi, is in it for the $$$$. If they where really concerned with the consumer, it would show in their customer support.

I do not even think Obi knows much about their product. Obi's, main owner Vincent is only in his 20's. He's still wet under the ears. I really hope they succeed, but they have a lot of growing to do. It is evident with their emails and phone non responsiveness.
Gotcha is a melenial ran business that makes since to me now. Maybe if you text them with some vague phrase with a hasttag before it like:

Hey OBI please help me
#plzcallme

Gotcha is a melenial ran business that makes since to me now. Maybe if you text them with some vague phrase with a hasttag before it like:

Hey OBI please help me
#plzcallm

Fun town rv in San antonio tx. I wouldn't use their techs to install anything tho cause they messed up a bunch of stuff in our camper.
I was just thinking, if my dealership is having issues ordering parts ( because they evidently are) directly with Obi, Maybe they could collaborate with funtown rv or another dealership to order parts from that Obi responds to.

Thx

tjtx

Fun town rv in San antonio tx. I wouldn't use their techs to install anything tho cause they messed up a bunch of stuff in our camper.
I bought ours from Fun Town in Conroe, they were totally clueless about it, and still almost a year later haven't got me the parts we were missing (that i just bought out of pocket)..

On the taco side, i'm probably going to move up to the same size tires the trailer has and do the trd pro factory lift soon. The KDMAX tune helps a lot with towing. We might be getting a 4wd 7.3l excursion as a second car to tow with soon. The taco isn't going anywhere though.

I'm super frustrated with the Renogy inverter/charger and i'm probably going to end up swapping to some redarc system for everything soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal