OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Great info! Man ROA was soo high on OBI with the Conqueror and Dweller lines. All those hyped up YT videos. Crazy . They will likely fall into the black series category for them in the future.

Yes when I looked at the d15 in 2021 it had some ridiculous bs msrp of 79k with price reduction of 19k. It was a main stream dealer who actually told me they were mfgerd in AZ.

Crazy about your cracked roof. Lots of Dwellers baking in the sun and or covered with snow for 24 months now. Glad to hear they are fixing for you. Keep us posted

OBI is moving to direct-to-consumer sales. They're putting out 3-4 units a week right now, and they'll control the price tags. All of these cleared out units are from dealers OBI won't work with anymore per the shop manager last week.

Probably thier only choice is to go direct to customer. OBi won't work with or dealer won't work with OBI?

S J

Great info! Man ROA was soo high on OBI with the Conqueror and Dweller lines. All those hyped up YT videos. Crazy . They will likely fall into the black series category for them in the future.

Yes when I looked at the d15 in 2021 it had some ridiculous bs msrp of 79k with price reduction of 19k. It was a main stream dealer who actually told me they were mfgerd in AZ.

Crazy about your cracked roof. Lots of Dwellers baking in the sun and or covered with snow for 24 months now. Glad to hear they are fixing for you. Keep us posted
Actually a cracked interior ceiling. Roa, is doing their own trailer. I think it is the dweller that just has the roa private label.

Last edited:

Actually a cracked interior ceiling. Roa, is doing their own trailer. I think it is the dweller that just has the roa private label.

No ROA puts thier Roamer 1 lable on an Imperial Outdoors x195 trailer. It's the same trailer with thier name and a few upgrades. Same with the Roamer X but the mfger is High Altitude Trailer Company.

They were a dealer for OBI / Conqueror and still have inventory to sell.

Interior crack is I believe unique.

OBI said they wouldn't work with the dealers, but there are two sides to every story, right?

Very true alway two or more sides to every story. I do speculate that going direct to customers may hurt customer service and warranty issues. Any idea how would warranty claims work for a direct customer in Bar Harbor Maine?

My apologies ROA is doing a "white label " dweller called the ROA'D. Not sure the difference of a 2022/23 Dweller but it was mentioned in a recent yt vid as a 2024 unit. All warranty is thru ROA on the ROA'D Model. Maybe it a mod'ed out 23 or possibly a way for ROA to still sell new 2024 Dwellers considering the new direct to consumers policy OBI has now. Vid also mentioned OBI Conqueror s implying they are new 2024 models. Clear as mud. Absolutely nothing wrong with this arrangement just confusing.

S J

No ROA puts thier Roamer 1 lable on an Imperial Outdoors x195 trailer. It's the same trailer with thier name and a few upgrades. Same with the Roamer X but the mfger is High Altitude Trailer Company.

They were a dealer for OBI / Conqueror and still have inventory to sell.

Interior crack is I believe

My apologies ROA is doing a "white label " dweller called the ROA'D. Not sure the difference of a 2022/23 Dweller but it was mentioned in a recent yt vid as a 2024 unit. All warranty is thru ROA on the ROA'D Model. Maybe it a mod'ed out 23 or possibly a way for ROA to still sell new 2024 Dwellers considering the new direct to consumers policy OBI has now. Vid also mentioned OBI Conqueror s implying they are new 2024 models. Clear as mud. Absolutely nothing wrong with this arrangement just confusing.

My apologies ROA is doing a "white label " dweller called the ROA'D. Not sure the difference of a 2022/23 Dweller but it was mentioned in a recent yt vid as a 2024 unit. All warranty is thru ROA on the ROA'D Model. Maybe it a mod'ed out 23 or possibly a way for ROA to still sell new 2024 Dwellers considering the new direct to consumers policy OBI has now. Vid also mentioned OBI Conqueror s implying they are new 2024 models. Clear as mud. Absolutely nothing wrong with this arrangement just confusi

S J

Anybody having issues with caulking around the wet room toilet not adhering ? If you find a fix let me know.

Thx

freewayross

Adventurer
Anybody who bought their trailers from the AZ Auto, Mesa in Arizona (the motorcycle dealer), you may want to refresh the caulk on the roof. The trailers were parked under AZ sun for about an year or more. I'm a local and did go check them out long time ago when they were trying to sell them at $39k+. I believe they were not able to sell any at that price.
The trailers I believe are brand new, I think they dropped the price in panic to $29k change+Tax because some of them sprung a leak on the rare Phoenix rain we get. I heard it from a friend of a friend who is a salesman there.

WillySwan

Anybody having issues with caulking around the wet room toilet not adhering ? If you find a fix let me know.

Thx

Check out my post #300 <link>.

More than one year, and numerous showers later, the 3M 4411N sealing tape is continuing to stay adhered to both the ensuite walls and cassette toilet plastic. It looks the same as the day I installed it.

Working with the tape is a bit tricky because it is so sticky, but I recommend this as a fix without hesitation.

S J

I thought dealer repaired water leak in skylight above bed last month. Now I just noticed another one a few days ago and I happened to be driving by the dealership on the way home and contacted them so they resealed skylight again. I just noticed anther drip coming from same skylight. I looked up on the roof and everything looks sealed pretty darn good. Would you guys think there is a way for the water to be protruding from the hinges of the skylight ? And who knows if they used caulking before they installed skylight or installed skylight then installed caulking around the skylight seam. I know water leaks can be a bear sometimes. It seems to me that if obi did not install caulking first, set skylight over caulking, then caulk around exterior seam of skylight. The hinge could be a good way of water sneaking in.

Thx

gendlert

I thought dealer repaired water leak in skylight above bed last month. Now I just noticed another one a few days ago and I happened to be driving by the dealership on the way home and contacted them so they resealed skylight again. I just noticed anther drip coming from same skylight. I looked up on the roof and everything looks sealed pretty darn good. Would you guys think there is a way for the water to be protruding from the hinges of the skylight ? And who knows if they used caulking before they installed skylight or installed skylight then installed caulking around the skylight seam. I know water leaks can be a bear sometimes. It seems to me that if obi did not install caulking first, set skylight over caulking, then caulk around exterior seam of skylight. The hinge could be a good way of water sneaking in.

Thx
I also had the repair done and still have a leak. I'm going to pull it apart this fall (luxury of living in Tucson is I'm not gonna get any rain until Feb so I have time), replace it with a new one I got from OBI, and I'll do a post. I'm not in a hurry to go out and work on the trailer until it cools off a bit more, though. Sorry I can't be more timely.

Reactions: S J

Xid_az

Anybody who bought their trailers from the AZ Auto, Mesa in Arizona (the motorcycle dealer), you may want to refresh the caulk on the roof. The trailers were parked under AZ sun for about an year or more. I'm a local and did go check them out long time ago when they were trying to sell them at $39k+. I believe they were not able to sell any at that price.
The trailers I believe are brand new, I think they dropped the price in panic to $29k change+Tax because some of them sprung a leak on the rare Phoenix rain we get. I heard it from a friend of a friend who is a salesman there.
Thanks, I picked up a D15 from them about a month ago. It went through one of the crazy monsoon storms we had about 2-3 weeks back. I went out to check for water afterwards and didn't find anything obvious. This storm also had very high winds, so I thought that combination would have revealed something. I do have a plan to pop the roof and just shower it with water to see if anything shows up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk