OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

rblitz

I'm just trying to get them to send be an equipment list of the components shipped to the retailer on my D15. The ICECOE VL90 fridge is shot; won't get below 45 degrees F on a cool night. ICECO won't cover compressor unless I have a Proof of Purchase; but my retailer's bill of sale doesn't have anything on there in that detail. Contacted OBI via their website a week ago and have called several times. Impossible to get a hold of anyone.

I'm just trying to get them to send be an equipment list of the components shipped to the retailer on my D15. The ICECOE VL90 fridge is shot; won't get below 45 degrees F on a cool night. ICECO won't cover compressor unless I have a Proof of Purchase; but my retailer's bill of sale doesn't have anything on there in that detail. Contacted OBI via their website a week ago and have called several times. Impossible to get a hold of anyone.
I have had a little luck pressing the " dealer prompt " when reaching out to them by phone. Try their inforeply@obicamper.com.

Obi, is truly ran by 20 year olds. I am assuming they will be going out of business soon. Vincent is owner, then his bff Dustin in sales. Then a few people in their warehouse. I am very surprised they have made it this far. Good luck !!

The disappointing thing is. Obi, is a great product. Everything else is a huge hassle !

rblitz

I have had a little luck pressing the " dealer prompt " when reaching out to them by phone. Try their inforeply@obicamper.com.

Obi, is truly ran by 20 year olds. I am assuming they will be going out of business soon. Vincent is owner, then his bff Dustin in sales. Then a few people in their warehouse. I am very surprised they have made it this far. Good luck !!

The disappointing thing is. Obi, is a great product. Everything else is a huge hassle !
Appreciate the tip and will give that a try today.

rblitz

Does the main panel showing the draw/demand amperage only apply to 12v circuits? Meaning it wouldn't show 120v draw coming from the inverter?

Suns_PSD

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I've been shopping pretty hard for a left over new or used Dweller 15, or one of the analogous products (i.e. MDC, Opus). I missed a new one not but 2 hours away for $22.9K (not trying to offend anyone!) but that might have been an anomaly and also another 6 hours away at the same price. (they were friends that owned both and I spoke to one of them at length even after he sold the unit, he was full of tips). I happen to think that a well-cared for Dweller 15 that has incorporated many of the corrections might be more valuable, not less!

Thanks for all of the great info that has been shared by so many great users. It appears the trailer has great bones but is a bit of a project. I feel at the right price, it's the best product at my price point and for my needs. I accept that it's a completely unsupported product so for me, that has to be reflected in the pricing.

I do think what ROA has done and provided is very cool and I would pay a premium for one of theirs, with corrections. But alas, the price they are currently offering is still beyond my means.

Anyways, I'm following along closely and greatly enjoying the content.

Also, if anyone knows of a unit for sale (I'm a cash buyer in Texas, out of state gets trickier with cash), I'd love to know about it. I'm in ATX and would love to see one in person, given the opportunity.

Also, it appears it's not too hard to order one direct from China but that might also come with additional risks. I'll update if I find out more on this topic.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CowboyKyle

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I've been shopping pretty hard for a left over new or used Dweller 15, or one of the analogous products (i.e. MDC, Opus). I missed a new one not but 2 hours away for $22.9K (not trying to offend anyone!) but that might have been an anomaly and also another 6 hours away at the same price. (they were friends that owned both and I spoke to one of them at length even after he sold the unit, he was full of tips). I happen to think that a well-cared for Dweller 15 that has incorporated many of the corrections might be more valuable, not less!

Thanks for all of the great info that has been shared by so many great users. It appears the trailer has great bones but is a bit of a project. I feel at the right price, it's the best product at my price point and for my needs. I accept that it's a completely unsupported product so for me, that has to be reflected in the pricing.

I do think what ROA has done and provided is very cool and I would pay a premium for one of theirs, with corrections. But alas, the price they are currently offering is still beyond my means.

Anyways, I'm following along closely and greatly enjoying the content.

Also, if anyone knows of a unit for sale (I'm a cash buyer in Texas, out of state gets trickier with cash), I'd love to know about it. I'm in ATX and would love to see one in person, given the opportunity.

Also, it appears it's not too hard to order one direct from China but that might also come with additional risks. I'll update if I find out more on this topic.

Thanks!
I have a map building of owners. Feel free to check it out. Lots of crossover members in both locations. You may have to edit the URL to make it useful.

https:// www . facebook . com / groups/990304591629577

rblitz

This is correct. And I'm not even sure it shows all 12v circuits.
Thanks. I was doing a battery test on some LiFePo4 batteries I installed and had a draw coming from the AC plug and the batteries went to zero WAY before I expected based on the draw showing up on the panel. I calculated the wattage on the AC circuit and converted to 12v amps to add to the displayed 12v draw and the discharge cycle duration was much closer to the total amp hours of the battery array. Initially I thought I had a dodgy lithium battery.

LaBlaze

How did your manufacturer claim work out with obi ?
The rv place swapped everything that we were waiting on parts from obi with items from another dweller they had. We still have an issue with the fridge not holding temps. One side will be 60 and the other side 0 even if both sides are set to 30. The rv place said it wasn't happening when it was plugged into 120, only on 12v. I'm going to keep an eye on the fridge and see if it happens again and then take it from there. Reading tho that iceco is asking for proof of purchase is going to be hard to deal with it looks like if we need to claim warranty on the fridge.

You don't think you're actually going to get those parts.... right? lol
Nope ! Obi, has been a huge disappointment ! Great product though, everything else sucks ! I'd be surprised if they are in business next year.

They must have some sort of a financial backer keeping them a float. I think it's probably Vincent's father, would be my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk